Maintenance Tunnels Suggestion

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Kamikazi Ice, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Kamikazi Ice

Kamikazi Ice Member

I noticed that Hammer still has these for props and such to be used. I just have a simple suggestion. That you finish the tunnels for us mappers to use. You may not be able to make them the way you wanted, but people like me can use them as pre-placed tunnels. Only problem is, they aren't complete. So I end up with gaps in the tunnels having to block them with dirt brushs. So maybe make a couple more models (to prevent gaps, and allow one or two tunnel turns without the main tunnel entrance needed.).

Not a big thing, but maybe something you can consider as an extra.

2. arklansman

arklansman Member

Modelers are busy modeling aircraft and boats and probably eventually other buildings that will actually be used.

kthxbai

3. Kamikazi Ice

Kamikazi Ice Member

Your point? I'm making a suggestion. It doesn't have to be done by any means, and who are you to say the tunnels wont be used? Do you speak for all? Ultimately it is up to the Devs. Either way I can use the tunnels we have now.

4. arklansman

arklansman Member

lol logs

5. Kamikazi Ice

Kamikazi Ice Member

Once again, all you have proven is that Krenzo and the Devs don't plan on implementing them themselves. Doesn't mean other mappers can't. And once again, if other mappers do use them, who's to say that no player would be tempted to enter them and use them?

I'm not asking that they put the tunnels in so they pop up when you build something, i'm simple asking if they would consider completing the models. That is all.

6. Reef

Reef Member

Make the models and send them to the devs, maby then it would be implemented. Currently we are waiting for aircrafts.

7. Caelo

Caelo Member

you can get the them working just fine.. the gaps at the top can be sealed of with a brush with the same texture as the tunnels..
    the gaps between the models can be "erased" by overlapping the tunnels a bit.. If you move it around a bit you'll see that at one point it looks quite natural.

a good example is cw_gorge.. available on the wiki

8. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

If you're going to make map placed tunnels, make them from brushes, because they can be lightmapped and will look much better.

9. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

Make your own tunnels?

10. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Would actualy be pretty cool, but at this point; I think you will just have to do with sealing the tunnels with dirt outcropings and such, as I don't think they will be able to finish the models any time soon...