Low FPS due to particles

Discussion in 'Support' started by Iselore, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I know that's true. It's not like i'm saying I don't know the devs have done the best they can... it's just kinda sad that people get left when they're longtime followers. That and I really do think there's some kinda leak somewhere that's ridiculously hard to find.

But there isn't a hell of a lot anyone can really do about it.

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

While the things you talk about are true, after empty released his first particle pack, fps went from moderate to shit. I do not believe that is somehow related to emp code( unless there were some big code changes post 2.25 [or whatever version it was] that I am not aware of.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

if thats true or not i cannot tell since my machine could keep up with those particles, but it doesnt matter much at this point, since the problem quite obviously aint the particles alone ...
    also blaming anyone for anything wont fix it, especially not if you piss the one off who could change it (empty, mootant, whoever, with constant nagging)

maybe steamrelease and automatic bug reports (if its a memory leak it probably will cause crashes too) the problem might get more detectable. not everyone (including me) reported each single crash with a mdmp file ...

all in all i have to say, for what empires archieves on source its a quite decent product. you shouldnt let bad graphics or minor balancing issues fool you, under the hood its way more complex then most other mods out there ...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011