Logitech G15

Discussion in 'General' started by knighttemplar, Mar 31, 2008.

1. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I just got one and I'm pretty excited. Now I need to figure out how to do things. I could use some help getting some improved functionality from this thing. Especially cool would be an LCD program, enterprising programmers out there.

I also thought it would be good to get a central source of info for fellow nubs out there to check out.

Things I would like
    an e-build toggle
    A mouse1 toggle (for 2.2 which lacks tab-building)

I'm going to test out and see if I got the pop-up menu bind right

Index
    - Pop-up Menu Binds http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=3116
    - Stand up and Down (does this work?) http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=3019
    - Random stuff from Dizzy [lost the url, crap!]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  2. arklansman

arklansman Member

Did you get the older good one or the less good but still goodly good new one?

3. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

I have a G15 too (the newer orange one). However, it can't integrate well with Source-based games. The reason is that Source games use the same hl2.exe file, so Empires-specific code will be triggered on other Source games as well. For example, if you set G1 to e-build toggle, you won't be able to use G1 in any other source game (unless you want to e-build in Team Fortress or something...).

The big problem though is that the G-keys are not real keys (they don't have key codes). So you wouldn't be able to bind e-build to G1 anyway. You'd have to bind e-build to something like the "i" key (or any other unused key) and have the G1 key emulate the "i" key. Which is kind of useless. Again, integrating the G15 directly Empires (which would solve the problem) may not work very well because of the hl2.exe issue.

But I agree KT, improved functionality for the G15 on Empires would be awesome.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  4. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I have the new orange one. It has a little less functionality, but looks sooo much better. The first gen does have a nice Brenodi look to it though.

5. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

just take the input of the keys and map it out to windows keypress codes...pretty easy. I just don't have the G15 SDK around.

6. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Eh, it doesn't quite work like that.

http://g15forums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4345

It's a big problem that's been plaguing the G15 community. There's a 'hackish' way around it but it's not so good.

7. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

I thought KT was talking about the LCD buttons...so, silly me. Mapping the Gkeys to stuff is harder.

8. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

All of it would be nice, G keys and LCD screens

9. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

MX518 is my choice.

10. arklansman

arklansman Member

I'll bet it's pretty hard to type on your MX518. :p

11. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Oh yeah. I all the time thought that G15 is a mouse. :p I think I mixed it with the G5 mouse.

12. taiiat

taiiat Member

its a mouse, these are keyboards..., and yea razer is ownage. i like razer stuff, so i have a pile of razer stuff. the lycosa is good, but i think i might get the tarantula. and the razer makes binding keys very easy. tel it what key, what to do, and how fast. then click apply. i love the easiness. i personally life the lycosa with the madia player touchpad, and i have the diamondback, but i should get a newer one. but i think 1600dpi is good enough. but the anti-ghosting on the lycosa seems to lack a bit. but i like that i bound the bound key for give ammo in gmod, so i can get a pile of ammo 8x a second. i couldnt tel on razerzone, does the tarantula support a media player, like the lycosa does?
    avair, i just looked @ the lachesis. nice. didnt know another mouse came out, but im definatly gonna get that.

& lol, u guys started on mice, this was a keyboards thread. but this could realy go to a gaming peripherals thread.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  13. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

No it cannot, this is a thread specificially for helping peopl use their G15 with Empires.

Make a new thread if you want, but your spam isn't welcome.

14. taiiat

taiiat Member

i didnt spam, the other 2 guys started it. but now that you mention it, i think i will.