Light Vehicle Sounds

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ^Dee^, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Petko

Petko Member

ok, im workin on the stuff... Krenzo gave me the server.dll so I can tune the scripts and debug the stuff much easier
    I didnt really like that diesel sound I sent you, it was just a experimental... but I will check that again.

2. Petko

Petko Member

Here is the new sound testing pack: http://www.divshare.com/download/2645441-efb
    Ive redone and rescripted the stuff, so it should work fine. Just copy the contents and overwrite in the emp root. There is still only the AFV and the LT, but the LT has been changed to a new set.
    Test how does it sound for you.

3. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I love the AFV sound. Fits really well imo :)

The light tank sounds could be a little louder and I don't like the sound it makes when you brake or reverse. Also, the sound when you start going forward sounds like a cow :)

4. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Change it yourself dee, you can change it in the scripts.

5. ^Dee^

I don't have any sounds to change it to :(

6. Petko

Petko Member

7. ^Dee^

Better but could still be a little louder. In game the LT is quite a bit quieter than the other sounds in game =o

But other than that, I'm liking them :D

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  8. Petko

Petko Member

Here is a new pack with a new sounset for the APCs and CVs.
    http://www.divshare.com/download/2682581-0f2

If anyone knows please tell me what are those vehicle scripts ending with "8" and "16", because i didnt modify those yet.

9. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

8 and 16 are most likely for the 8x and 16x scaled models. I don't think you need to worry about them yet :)

10. ^Dee^

I approve of these sounds :D

11. Petko

Petko Member

i tested it now on the rc31 live server
    there is some problem with the apc, when you promptly shift from reverse to forward, then it stops the sound... this didnt occur to me in local test
    but now I know about and i will fix it

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  12. ^Dee^

how long? :)

13. Petko

Petko Member

I know exactly what may be the problem:
    I tried to jump through the SS_GEAR_0 state to make things much simpler, and do things with less sounds. But it seems in network game the engine cant handle vehcile soundstate changes which are less then 100ms or so.
    If the speed_approach_factor is set from "1.0" to about "0.2" for the first gear in the server cfg I think it wouldnt make these sound stops. (But the forward sound will lag a bit)
    Anyway you can cange this in the server for a temporary sollution, but i will redo the apc with a SS_GEAR_0 like in the other scripts. Also i will do some other fixes for the existing sounds and make a new jeep sound tomorrow.

14. Petko

Petko Member

here is the new pack: http://www.divshare.com/download/2710054-25b
    I fixed some stuff with the lt and afv. I fixed and polished the apc. Check it out if it sounds better then the one in rc31.
    Also I made a new jeep sound. It works but it may need some polishing too. At high speed the wind was dominating the recording, so I tried to filter it.

Unfortunately I dont have lots of good royalty free sounds which are suitable for editing. If anyone has good vehicle sounds which include a vehicle starting up, idling, stopping, rolling at constant speed I could edit those to make better stuffs. Additionaly speeding up and slowing down sounds can help a lot.

Anyway test this out. I will also test it in network play if there are no "sound stop" occurences, and will do some further polishing next week.

15. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Do you have a better site? This one keeps timing out.

16. picard131

picard131 Member

Yeah, good lord, man! You really ought to find a better site, this is giving me 8KB/S!

17. ^Dee^

I only hear the sounds from RC31.

I remember I had this a while back that it would play the old sounds instead of the news ones, despite the old ones not even existing.

I'm guessing this is something to do with cache but nobody could (or bothered to) help me last time. Can't test until I get that sorted :P

From what I hear in the sound files though, the jeep sounds like the muscle cars from San Andreas. Might have people crying foul on release =o

18. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

San Andreas is not an apropriate game for a girl to be playing. Where are your parents Dee?

19. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

NJIGUHHH

Dearly sorry, I recently finished GTA:SA and I was mentally forced to say that D:

20. Petko

Petko Member