Light tanks need more blast radius.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by tkeracer619, Aug 17, 2007.

1. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

With the new temp settings light tanks have been nerfed especially hard in maps that don't allow research. A few cannon shots later you are stuck due to high heat and the guy 2 feet from the two cannon impacts takes you down. If you are only to have a few rounds before your stock engine drags you down those few shots should count.

In my opinion the damage to infantry should be increased or the blast radius for infantry increased.

Btw... nice BE teamwork on chaos. :headshot:

2. picard131

picard131 Member

Learn to lead your target? Srsrly, basics of tank combat. I personally think lights are fine now that they're not godlike, I haven't had any combat problems with them. Their smaller size still gives 'em an advantage over those monolith-sized AFVs.

3. Myriad

Myriad Member

Use your machinegun.

4. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

Myriad I know how to play this game.... take it somewhere else.

picard131, yes I lead my targets.... I am talking about blast radius and infantry damage from standard cannons.

Tanks take more damage from their own shell even though the tank is further away from the blast then the guy made out of flesh. He is standing right next to the shell impact. He doesn't die or is barely hurt. I don't see how that is considered good.

I don't think the heat increase is bad in general but tanks shouldn't need direct contact to kill infantry. I'm not talking about a large increase but to me it is currently too small of a blast radius for a cannon of any caliber.

IMO before the heat issue was fixed you could spam shells to kill infantry, now that you can't do that the shells should make more of an impact.

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

With the current nerfing, I too feel that the lt has become just a bit too weak against infantry. Raising the weight limit a bit should help

6. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Tanks are meant to be vehicle killers and building bashers, let the infantry killing to the APC, jeep (*Spash*), and the other infantree people.

7. DJ Die

DJ Die Member

nope tanks are meant to dominate battlefield(or at least they were before more efficient aircraft came in)

8. arklansman

arklansman Member

Light tanks are just that, light. They should not be able to kill everything with ease.

9. DJ Die

DJ Die Member

light tanks are not able to kill everything as their cannon was usualy very weak compared to bigger tanks and as such it was used mainly against infantry and other light tanks
    also its not able to kill everything grenadier or heavy(with driver able to hit moving target) will still destroy it easily

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

I think light tanks are too weak against infantry, too.
    It's easier to drive over infantry than killing them with the MG's or the canons.