Lets Play! Saturday 5th Oct - 2000 BST / 2100 CEST / 1500 EDT / 1200 PDT

Discussion in 'General' started by A-z-K, Oct 2, 2013.

1. complete_

complete_ lamer

oops forgot lol

2. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Yeah people were acting pretty childish. smh people can't just have a fun game without their ego logging on as well.

3. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

The lack of leaders meant that "skilled" players have a tremendous impact on shitty generic FPS Empires matches.

Combine that with a relatively large portion of noobs and you have a significant probability of one team getting too many hopfi-caliber players.

Empires requires teamwork. When you don't have that, bad things happen.

Do you need someone to say it?

You are a leader.

You're not exceptional, but you can keep macro-level tabs on a match and coordinate shit accordingly. You'll lose to someone like FN or Trickster with their band of aimbots "skilled" players, but you didn't play against FN or Trickster.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  4. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

i'm not saying we had no good comms or squad leaders. we just didn't have enough for 2-3 hours of gameplay.

I still thoroughly enjoyed 3 rounds.

5. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the empires, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on the empires fourm, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire Brenodi armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the northern faction and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Brenodi sixth infantry division, and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

6. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

ohh snap
    [​IMG]

7. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Dauym nigga be pissed ya

8. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

He was soOoo pissd we cudn't undrstand a dyamn thin he was tryn to say. His mic was just crakln all over da place wit his overly lowd voce.

9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

simply epic XD

10. BigTeef

When you park the cv right next to a friendly rax and your team simply refuses to spawn gren, and you get murdered horribly by 4 standard cannons.

You would be pissed too.

But this happens, so I shoved my microphone up my ass and screamed hard as I could and increased the terrible mic gag.

Empires simply refuses to let me change the mic settings and it maxes everything every time on launch and it resets whenever I apply a setting.
    I sound fine in my teamspeak server, I sound fine on steam chat and other games.

My microphone works perfectly fine except for when I am playing empires.

Candles fix this shit pls
    kthxbai

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  11. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Somebody is subbed to Lily over Here ;)

12. ImSpartacus

Your mic wasn't that bad, we were just trying to rile you up. <3

13. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

12 std cannons.

14. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

<3 reactive

15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Would have shown up if I could but it just wasn't possible. Camp internet was fucked again (as per every night) so I would have had 2000+ ping and a sub 5kB/s download. Any custom maps would have sunk me anyway.

16. ImSpartacus

So underrated.

If you're getting 3phase, reactive is an excellent starting armor.

Starting armors need to be robust against grens since there will be more grens than vehicles. Reactive is second only to compo at standing up to grens.

The only time you shouldn't start with reactive is if the enemy is getting bio (get regen) or if you're UGL rushing (get absorbant).

Shit might change when (if?) fission gets fixed.

17. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Fission is fixed. On Viper & EPIC anyways. Trickster released updated the scripts just before the last PUG. SI rejoice. Fission, reflective, DU assault APCs are a thing.

18. BigTeef

We managed to murder 3/4 of them.

19. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Fission was fixed like a month ago or something. I'll actually call out my bad on this, I was meant to make a thread but I just never got round to it. As for Reactive, actually, if you're talking early game vehicles where you can viably max the plate allotment, then I'd honestly take Reactive over Composite. It has so much fucking HP. It's not even that bad on lategame tanks either, you just need to accept that you're carry less plates and realise that the Weight/HP of reactive is still really high. Most armours sit around the 50-70 hp area at 15 weight, whereas Reactive sits at like 120hp for 20 weight. If you equalised it, that's still like 90hp per 15 weight, so it's fucking good.

20. ImSpartacus

So that wasn't removed after the pug? I didn't know that.

I love pushing HE meds with all reactive except for 2 plates on the back. It's an excellent noob tank (if you can get your team to build them that way...).

Usually I try to get compo (or regen) during mediums.

That's the dark side of reactive.

I remember that I used to use paper on my APCs instead of reactive. :o You'd think I would quickly figure out that paper is shit, but it took a while.