Laser Beams

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Goose, May 8, 2007.

1. Goose

Goose Member

Just got done playing another round of rc9 and the longer i am away playing another game the harder it is to get back into empires. As of right now, it seems like the rifles are laser beams, the bullets if you were to freeze frame a spray of shots, would look like 1 constant bullet coming from the gun. The game has turned less from skills, and more towards whoever shoots first wins mentality. Its about running and holding down the trigger longest. If you actually hear a rifle near you, you are prolly already dead. The speed/accuracy is just too much for the damage. I say cut damage by at least 8x if you want realism. Or cut ROF by 2 or even 3 all across the board. Add 5x more recoil while running and gunning. I mean shit, every gun right now seems like a cs para, with awp damage bullets.

2. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

I think a FEW of the guns could use a slower rate of fire maybe... And isn't it supposed to be "whoever shoots first gets the advantage"?

3. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I think beerdude is working on them or something. Maybe someone else but I would hope they're in the process of balancing at least =o

4. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

Yea, as ive said before, i refuse to play until the games are more balance. I tried RC 9 and it just didnt do it for me. It is really annoying for the NF to have these auto-AWPs with such small crosshairs.

5. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

On District last night where (IMO) Mowtars and calcs rule, BE had an advantage (due to the awesome but silly-long NF animations)

Accuracy upgrade + BEAR Crosshairs was basically a match for NFAR, and overall, I don't care too much about balancing issues, the game is fun as it is. I wish it was harder to die though, and I see you point about lazor death rays.

6. Goose

Goose Member

Yes, but right now whoever shoots first wins. Its not just an advantage its a victory for the firefight. An advantage should be that if you shoot first, and better gun for the distance, better placed shots, you win. Not you spray and get 3 hits on, after already missing 15 shots.

7. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

(RoF)/2 + 2(Recoil_Standard)= Win

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i like the guns in dod:s.. they seem to take more skill to kill

but being a rifllemen is way too easy.. ray charles can get a top score

9. Simon

Simon Banned

If BE wins on district it is because they are a better team not because stuff is balanced. NFAR is overpowered

10. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

I think its funny because when everybody I know started playing this they say that it way to hard to kill people. But once you get into it it's easy to kill.
    Being serious though it is close to being balanced, each gun just needs to be tweaked. I had most kills the other day on district and I had a scout rifle so don't blame the rifles for being 'overpowered'. A game like this is more based on skill than the weapons. This is my opinion.

11. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

One of the problems is that the nf have two very good weapons, while the BE have one Rifle, just slightly different. The 50cal is basically a weapon which can kill over the same distance of the scout.

12. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I wouldn't know anything about the other weapons, from this point I'm really only playing Scout anymore, sometimes with the more balanced rifle, but mainly with an SMG. In my opinion though, the SMGs are indeed too accurate, and the Scout Rifle not strong enough, it seemed to have gone from extremely good to extremely below the bar. I think with all weapons it's just a matter of finding the middle ground now?

13. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Maybe set both sides weapons to the same values, and then deviate from there with changes that offset each other to keep it balanced but different.

14. Slithzerikai

^

I think that's a pretty good idea right there, if it's not already done that way, I don't know.

15. arklansman

arklansman Member

The problem is that there are other factors besides damage and accuracy. (ironsightness)

16. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

When Krenzo give me the green light on weapon balancing, I'll start working on them. In the meanwhile, he's trying to add modifiable scripts for the ironsights, so that each weapon will be even more unique.

(As you all know, I need (preferably direct) FTP access and a test server to work out balancing. Krenzo will provide these when the time is right.)

17. Slithzerikai

Damn privileges! D:<

I want some yummy privilege cake too. ):<

18. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Privilege cakes can turn sour quickly, you just keep that in mind :p

19. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

They don't refrigerate well, and baking them only seems to make them worse.

Don't be icy, don't flame.

Don't worry, be happy! dooo de dooo do do do do dooooooo

20. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

yeah when we can get balancing underway that will be fun :D