Labeling the CV

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by NobleDragon, Jul 26, 2006.

1. NobleDragon

NobleDragon Member

Is it just me or does the CV need to have a huge ass sign on it that says "NOT A FUCKING TANK!!!!"

I swear to god if i see one more n00btard hop in the cv and drive off with it somewhere i am going to devot the rest of my life developing a device that will allow me to punch someone over the internet!

2. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I just laugh and see what next map is. :>

3. 2TM

2TM Banned

You've earned my sig :)

4. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Sometimes I just can't understand the stupidity of some people. Why don't the emp_recruits think at least a split second why there would be only ONE "tank" in the beginning? Or why there are no goddamn turrets in it? The sheer size of the damn thing should be enough to ring at least some bells even in a slower mind. :(

Or is it just that online games bring the worst out of people?

5. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Personaly I think a good solution would be some sort of play time restriction, where it checks how long you have played empires. If you don't meet the quota you can't enter the com vehical. This could also be used for other things as well such as keeping noobtards (Thank you for that NobelDragon. I will use it from now on.) out of the VF or tanks. This may not be the simplest solution... But it could intergrate with the already planed stat tracking system.

6. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

The problem with
    is that some noobs might want to practise on an empty server, let's call them responsible players in training. They would be screwed over.

I hope my idea for restarting a map if it ends in only 5 minutes gains some traction. I'm thinking about calling it 'premature capitulation' and I think it's one of the best ways to make boom cannon theft less annoying.

7. [RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu

[RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu Member

I don't think a label is enough. But perhaps a popup when hopping in: "Attention, this is the Commando vehicle. Not a Tank. If this vehicle gets destroyed, you'll lose!"

8. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

my 2 sugestions: no one with emp_recruit is alowed in a com vehicle, and/or a training map.

9. Doggeti

Doggeti Former Developer

I think we need an offline tutorial which has to be completed before beeing allowed to play online (was mentioned in another thread) and a quota. Combined these measures will keep alot of headaches away from the experienced players.

10. PJB

PJB Member

If anyone's familiar with americas army? in that game inorder to use certain weapons etc you had to have compleated an offline training (medic training to be a medic etc).
    a similar system for empires would solve everything.

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Well someone needs to bloody make it first.

12. AlexCA117

AlexCA117 Member

Maybe a electronic voice saying something akin to : Welcome to the command vehicle, long live the empire commander.
    small hint that its not an ordinairy vehicle.

13. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Well actually a simple solution would be that the com restrict doesn't affect you if your the host of the server. This way they can practice all they want in their own server.

14. NobleDragon

NobleDragon Member

Wow, i got into a sig and created a new slang. I feel better about this thread now. :p

15. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

yeh a notification of some sort when entering the cv would be nice.
    "This is the Command Vehicle, Press F2 to activate Commander mode"

or it could just be a help thing, when in some later version theres a cl_help thingy made (forgot the cmd), then it could also say that its for experienced players only, like it says in the manual, which nobody reads...

16. Deiform

Deiform Member

I read the manual.....It needs to be released in actual book format so I can smell it. No? =P

17. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

18. nuke

nuke Member

I love the first idea we do need a sig that saids

[​IMG]

19. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

You could possbly increase the size of the satellite dish on the comm vehicle or add some thing to it to indicate that this is not a vehicle you should take into combat.

20. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

make it look like it's made of balsa wood? Add a cannon that has flowers coming out of it?