Killing Floor

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hendar23, May 15, 2009.

1. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Official Hendar23 first impressions: Better than Left 4 Dead? Fuck yeah!

What y'all think?

2. petemyster

petemyster Member

better than l4d? Sounds like I need to stop revising and buy it. L4D loses its appeal after a while, what's killing floor like?

3. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Feels a lot more brutal. More enemy variation, more weapon variation. 'Siege' style gameplay rather and L4D getting from A to B stuff. earning money and shopping for weapons between rounds. Decapitations. Chainsaws. Flamethrowers. Welding Doors shut.

Doesn't have that ultra-slick feel of a Valve game, but I kinda prefer that. Not to say it is unprofessional, it doesn't feel like a mod at all. It just doesn't have the ultra-smooth animation of the zombies that L4D has, (for example when they are climbing obstacles or changing direction while running) but then Tripwire doesn't have Valve money.

It's fucking awesome if you just want to grab a virtual gun and shoot the living shit out of everything. Guns feel a lot more meaty and brutal than the ones in L4D.

Oh and it's set in the UK. The soldiers are all cockneys. It's great not playing a game set in the US for once. Nice change. And I'm a Brit, so it reminds me of home. Pubs, rolling countryside, foul-mouthed soldiers and horrific medical experiments gone wrong. Ahhhh....home. :D

"Hold still, I'm trying to heal you, not shag you". <--- Best. Fucking. Line. Ever.

4. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

watch dog soldiers mate.

5. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Yeah I heard about that! It's on my 'to see' list. My Dad told me it was great to see Brits fighting monsters. Some guy gets rescued from a werewolf and says 'cheers mate!', just like a brit would. :) Too many movies are American. No offense to our American cousins, but it just gets boring hearing American voices in every movie.

Will North American gamers know what a 'div' is? Or what 'nicking' means? I assume thanks to Austin Powers they now know what shagging is....

6. petemyster

petemyster Member

I love the toliet scene in it, where the 2 guys are stuck in there :p
    Man, I haven't watched that in ages....

7. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

type "dog soldiers there is no spoon" into youtube... def the best part of the movie. includes what you're talking about too, it's awesome, 28 days later stuff.

8. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

28 days later is the best horror of the 21st century, amazing film, so well done

9. @@@@ACE@@@@

@@@@ACE@@@@ Member

hendar have u played killing floor? if its good let me know i might buy it.

10. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Boxing with werewolves. Well I'm sold.

11. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

To quote my above post:

Yes, it's fucking awesome. I'm going to play it again, right now.

12. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

There is a lack of servers set to long games. I want my achievements!

Anyone from the Emp community want to set up a Killing Floor All Stars team for achievement whoring?