Kill assist

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Lewie2, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Lewie2

Lewie2 Member

some times you will be dueling to the death for ages with an ar.
    your just about to kill him!
    he is on one hp!
    then BAM some guy steals your kill by getting the last shot in.

it should either be done as...
    damge done to enemy.

you-50%
    teamate-50%
    if you both do equal damage to the same enemy you both get kill assist point.

you-75%
    teamate-25%
    you get kill point (and assist?) teammate gets assist point.

2. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i believe that there is currently no reason to promote "individual" competition

instead, the kill death ratio should be generalised per squad or per team and the actual k/d ratio only seeable for the commander

this would increase team play

3. Lewie2

Lewie2 Member

people judge u over ur own k/d ratio.
    not team k/d.

4. --{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}--

--{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}-- Banned

In my experience, people judge you on how much you try to work together as a team.

Engineers often have negative kill/death ratios(my experience).

Yet, I respect an engineer that revives, heals and turrets more then a scout sitting on the edge of the map sniping people.

I am for dissabling kills on the scoreboard and I agree with Blizzard.

A K/D Ratio for Teams and squads.

And that only the commander can see k/d ratios of team members.

Also, instead of showing the amount of deaths, I sugest displaying the amount of tickets used.(as far as I know, this will be added in 2.5)

5. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

please search the forums before you post another suggestion. this one has definitely been posted multiple times, and the most recent one wasn't even that long ago.

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

most of his post have been made before ...

also i dont judge you by your k/d - i judge you by your stupid forum posts ...

7. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

a suggestion.

i lol'd

8. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Points > K/D

I usually have one of the highest death counts on my team (and, therefore, lowest K/D), but also the highest point count. People who judge you based on K/D usually don't have any idea how to play Empires well.

9. Empty

Empty Member

I rank highest on every stat.
    Most kills
    Most Points
    Most deaths
    Most Ping

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

add: most troll posts :p

scnr ... well fricken hamster might beat you nowerdays ^^

11. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

This is simply untrue. A team has no chance of winning if no person on it is capable of killing people. Period.

People can fullfill support roles to improve the efficiency of the killers (revive bitch, etc) , but the game revolves around the killers. killers aren't secondary to a team's success, they are primary.

I like being able to tell who is primary to a team's success, and who is secondary.

12. Empty

Empty Member

Considering you can kill 6 tanks over an entire game and earn 6 kills, or play rifleman and earn 20, kill ratios are irrelevant, what is relevant is the amount of damage you cause to structures tanks and troops combined.

Potential damage (IE, preventing a rax getting placed, repairing a friendly tank so he can kill enemy vehicles etc) all contribute to how much damage you do as an individual, I could play engineer and cause shitloads of pain for the enemy team by killing refs raxes and turrets without killing a single infantryman or vehicle.

13. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Rofl Dizzy

14. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

apparently he's editing them all now :3

15. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Kills are important but K/D not so.
    Im usually a ticket waster but in a regular game
    their are enough tickets that it doesnt matter.

16. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

And that is not what he said if I read the quote you quoted. Killing the other team is very important, but if you have some handy kill modifiers (engineers, squads, teamwork), you'll kill them a lot faster. Both killers and modifiers are equally important and effective when used properly (they also always need to be used in conjunction with each other to be effective!).

17. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

once again, untrue. some can kill without having a big support staff, whereas a revive engineer is useless without someone important to revive.

do not confuse that which is primary to your team's success and that which is secondary.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  18. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

True, but in an actual game of Empires, the team that uses their "killer+support" groups most effectively has the biggest advantage.

Take team 1, which has 15 very good killers but no good support players, and team 2, which has 10 very good killers and 5 (very) good support players. If one support player manages to increase the kill-output of two killers on his team by 1.5, the killing powers of both teams are equal, although team 2 will be more vulnerable if their support players are targeted.

I believe that this vulnerability can be negated or minimized the more the modifier on kill-output a support player can provide goes upwards. I have (and you probably have as well) seen small (3-4) "killer-support" groups hold out against either larger amounts of less-skilled killers, or an equal amount of equally skilled killers. The effectiveness of support players in Empires also goes up rapidly when there's more than one, as the support players can revive each other as well.

The key point I am trying to make, is that more often than not, a tightly functioning "killer-support" unit will be able to hold off a larger amount of killers, thus allowing other team members to focus on other parts of the map or the strategy.

19. Meliarion

Meliarion Member

However killing people is secondary to your team's objectives, it is possible to win without killing anyone as you just have to kill the CV, which can be unmanned. A rifleman who can just kill people is secondary in importance to an engineer who can destroy the enemy base and allow your team to move up. The only time that kills will win you the game in and of themselves are those rare cases where you succeed in getting the enemy tickets to 0 and wiping out their team.

Killers are part of what makes a team succeede but to ascribe them the primary role devalues the other parts of the team which are just as important.

20. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

wrong wrong wrong!

there are two ways to win, both involve killing someone or something on the enemy team. you can win by killing everyone, or you can win by killing their comm. no amount of reviving or or building or sabotaging will win a game.