Just played midbridge on viper

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Metal Smith, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

and the enemy com didn't clip and any of the NF vehicles or buildings. He was driving through the barracks and such running people over, through walls, through everything. Only thing that it cliped on was map props.

Also, missiles and cannons didn't work, only Hitscan weapons.

2. recon

recon SM Support Dev

What the?

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

It's a feature.

4. Shakura Jolithion

Shakura Jolithion Member

Yeah... I was trying to put a rax in the tunnels, *Edit: Removed method as per someone's request*. It didn't. Several minutes later I was being walled by NF, deconned a wall, got back into CV, and found I could drive straight through, which I did instead of just sitting in a dieing CV.

After driving around some, here's the actual info, as opposed to whatever random stuff people are going to claim:

The CV could drive through all player-buildings, meaning walls, barracks, etc. I don't know if it can drive through turrets, didn't hit any. It can go inside a barracks and through it. It still runs over enemy infantry. It DOES collide with the front or the top or something on NF Heavy Tanks and Light Tanks, no idea about mediums. All map collisions still happen, except for tunnel doors.

Also, that's not hacking. I couldn't repair the CV when I tried, and when outside of the CV, it showed no damage indicator for the engineer tool OR from the general looking at it. However, while driving, it did display correctly from the driver view. Missiles, cannons, and from what I heard stickies went right through- although they still all damaged with splash. Hitscan weapons did damage. No idea if the CV can drive through its own teams vehicles, but it certainly didn't seem to clip on teammates. The CV also seemed to spin faster/more and was more susceptible to pushing form LTs, although that might just have been not being used to the map...

Also, one time on midbridge, none of the refineries were giving resources and none could be dropped- both teams started with 500 res and it stayed there, although the flag worked IIRC. But I hear that's a general random bug, not a midbridge bug.

It's funny how you find a bug and people accuse you of hacking... Especially when you end up dieing anyway.

I think the main problem is that *removed as per request*. Someone on NF said "I have that too" at one point, but I don't know if they meant the glitch or they meant being unable to hit the commander.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  5. Killing Machine

Killing Machine Member

its bassicly an esxploit he found in most of source, it sometimes happend to me in Gmod 9 lol

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Predator made a video. Shit was hilarious. I've got a demo as well, but he uploaded it to youtube. Search ghost CV.

7. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

You mean like this?

8. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

could i have a step by step instructions list on how to duplicate this?
    so basically the gist of it is to get stuck in the doors in the little hallways as they close, and then after they close you can just clip out?
    this would be the most lulzy exploitable glitch ever if that were the case

9. pastori

pastori Creator of huge bridges

1. Take any vehicle
    2. Drive it between some of the doors, I guess the thick ones near middle in south and north are the best
    3. Switch to a passenger seat (or to comm view)
    4. Watch the doors close
    5. Change back to driver seat
    6. If the doors stay shut when you change seat, congratulations, you have now a ghost vehicle!

Though the fun will not last and I will fix it really soon.

10. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Im so going to make maps with this feature.

11. Shakura Jolithion

Shakura Jolithion Member

Glad to know that it's a legend now, rofl... You can see clearly the CV still clips into some part of the heavies and lights, just about on center with their turrets.

I hope the map gets fixed soon... Might just be me, but did the missiles go through an APC at the 0:16 mark?

12. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

Hey thats me in the light tank!

13. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

the turrets of vehicles still block it

14. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

NOOOOOOOOO
    DFON'T FIX IT

15. Killing Machine

Killing Machine Member

just open you own non dedicated verion and try it.
    I tried it today on 420 and it worked =D
    I only seen that it works to comms (tried BE heavy it failed) its bassicly this just go where door closes and than F2 to comm view, wait for the doors to close, and F2 and watch the ghosting beggin

16. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

This will be done again in another online game. It's funny and all, but this is the kind of stuff that makes people quit servers in mass exodus. Plus midbridge tends to do that on its own anyway.

Simplest fix ofc is to just remove the doors.

17. Killing Machine

Killing Machine Member

lol yeah your going to have to remove the doors to actually fix this. Theres other ways but that means opening the doors when theres something in the way. Any un-animated prop

18. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

looking at that little vid and I had only 2 words

"F*cking Hilarious"