"Junk"

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by BlakkCooper, Jun 25, 2008.

1. BlakkCooper

BlakkCooper Member

Hi everyone,

i have a interesting concept. i dont think it will find the way into the game but think about it... maybe something is usefull.

i call it the concept of "Junk". i have this idea from command & conquer generals. u know the terrorist can collect junk and can upgrade their vehicles/get promoted/receive money. maybe engineers can collect junk from vahicle wrecks (by using the calculator) and do some stuff with this junk. like building a "unique" turret maybe with some walls made of armor plates (with the same attributes of the collected armor junk).

example: an engineer collects the DU HMG and reactive armor from an apc and then he build a DU HMG turret with a reactive armor "shield" arround it to protect the unit that controlls the DU HMG.

this would make the game a lot more strategic because the enemy team can use the own weapons! i think this would decrease the abyss between uneven teams (due to research failure).

(sorry for my bad english)

2. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Interesting idea.

Not sure how it would affect the game to be honest.

3. Lazydog

Lazydog Member

oOo, I want to create a lvl3 nuke turret with a composite shield around it :)

4. Empty

Empty Member

I don't think so, I doubt there'd be much opportunity for it anyway, when I'm skirmishing I don't often have time to hang around a corpse of a tank, and generally if you've made a kill the tank is inferior.

5. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

I just want dead tanks to stay longer creating cover for infantry. Maybe makeing them decompose and destruckt able.

6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Having them stay for a few minutes would be nice, especially if you made it so that engies can repair them to get resources or something.

Basically think the salvage ability of pioneers from CoH. I'd be more practical than this suggestion.

7. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Scavenging has been raised before...it's a good concept, but requires much time to implement. If you suggest it like this, you'll probably need to work on a system first, then balance it, then propose it so it can be rebalanced...

8. Kai

Kai Member

Lol at you calling it a calculator.

COMBAT CALCULATOR!

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

It's been called that for some time, partly because the previous models of the calculators (and to an extent the current ones) really did look like calculators.

The BE one looked a lot like some of the recent TI models.

10. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I wouldn't mind having both these ideas.

A) Random part from enemy tank can be added/exchanged to your own altho with crappier values. (due to being blown up.) Also U Must be engy.
    LOL FEAR MY DOUBLE CANNON LT THAT MOVES HALF THE SPEED OF A HEAVY!

B) Tank hulks stay longer for engy to get some Res from it.

11. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

They are also awsome cover. I'm not sure of the res thing. but they should be destructable so there not blocking arrmor advances.

12. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

make 2 50 res apc on xroads and you have a cheap wall, that is cheaper that the normal one. And can serve as a respawn for short time.

13. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

50 res?

I'm pretty sure the cheapest APC is around 110, that'd be without armor and standard engine. c-c

14. Vaun

Vaun Member

How about whats suggested most: slice a tank, get res from it.

15. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

If I cant use my pile of ragdolls as cover then I want destructable tank debris cover.

16. Vaun

Vaun Member

Decon a tank, get res, build a wall (but urs cost res now, but no limit except your teams resources) and hide behind it.

Also if i learned anything about the source engine from smod, its that you can be mangled trying to walk over a dead npc's ragdoll or ragdolls, and im sure itll work the same for players' corpses.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  17. Empty

Empty Member

That's the reason they added kicking, to clear up ragdolls if you got stuck.

18. Vaun

Vaun Member

I was responding to how vess said hed like to use a pile of corpses as cover... The source engine doesnt like solid ragdolls piling up... lags a lot too if they move.

19. Empty

Empty Member

Yes, and I replied with the valid point that you need a method to clear yourself away from ragdolls as they have a habit of being screwy.

20. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

I think the basis of the idea could work. Like stealing reserch and stuff. The engis on the team would get the junk and it would collect reserch points for the team. And with reserch points they could buy a new armour engine weapon instantly without haveing to wait for it to be reserched :D:D You would still be able to reserch stuff normaly but u know what i mean.

Oh and the differant reserch would require differant amounts of points obiously like nuke100pts Regen: 15

Dont know how the ratio of junk to points would go. mabe the better the stuff the tank has the more points so a light tank with standed stuff gives less points than a Duel rail heavy :D:D