Join squad and promote yourself to leader?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Bort, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Bort

Bort Member

Is it somehow possible to join and fill up a squad and then promote yourself to squad leader? A player had done that to my squad tonight...and I'm wondering how they did it.

2. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Hey Bort, the commander can promote people to squad leader and that is probably what happened in the game you are referring to. Often happens when a comm recognises the person and thinks that they will listen to them and assist by setting waypoints, using squad powers, etc for the rest of the squad.

If you want to be squad lead the best thing to do is to be communicative with the commander at the start of the round, mic is better than text generally. Ask the commander what he wants your squad to do, etc so they will have faith in your abilities and cooperation.

....and sorry if you already knew all that! Other than that I don't know anyway to promote ones self.

3. Bort

Bort Member

Thank you AZK!

It was weird. To explain in detail what happened was the Comm wanted my squad (I was squad leader) which I would have gladly followed his instruction and promoted him when he joined it.

But...it was odd and I'm concerned it might be an exploit because he jumped out of the commander, joined my squad and BAM promoted himself to Squad Leader without even asking me to promote him.

This person wasn't voted as Comm in the beginning of the game (I was). He said he'd like to comm so I let him...which makes him doing that double weird...I did consider that he was able to do it because he was comm. But excluded that reasoning because I won the Commander Vote.

Unless it gives that privilege to anyone who's been in the CV??

so weird but if it's legit...cool. it didn't seem legit the way he did it and when I asked in game chat how he did it, so I could learn if it wasn't an exploit, someone replied "hack".

4. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Anytime anyone gets into the command vehicle they become the commander and get all the permissions that go along with it, regardless of whether they were voted in or not.

You can vote to eject the commander from the vehicle by pressing f,s,space bar. You'll often find a team needs to do that when one person greifs the round by jumping in the command vehicle when the "elected" commander has jumped out to build something (sometimes because they don't understand what they have done, but often because they are socially challenged idiots)

5. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

there is almost always an admin present on viper or EPIC, so first you should maybe say in alltalk "hey get out the boomtank griefer" and ask an admin to just slay the guy. I find that's the most effective way to curb that shit.

6. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Slaying is ineffective. Most viper admins will use ungrief command as to not only remove the offending player but teleport it to where the admin is currently looking, as to remove it from water/enemy walls. This saved an enemy comm from my walls earlier today.

7. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

there are only 2 ppl who can use that command
    im talking about when some dunce gets in the cv. slaying is effective.