Jail

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by DonMegel, May 18, 2006.

1. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Bam, a building that holds lamers who wont do what they are told or are being asses. The com plops them into jail for a minute or two. Blowing up the jail releases the lammas or the com can let them out.

If you have an evil com who is jailing everyone you can just kick him.

2. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

There used to be a mod called JailBreak where when you killed an enemy, they were placed in your team's jail. They had to sneak someone into the jail to free their teammates.

3. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Could this be a just a single map?

4. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

...hows about a cannon which you can use to shoot lamers into the enemy base with dynamite attached

5. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

I remmember that mod.

No no, this would be a building placed by the com to punish lammas, they would only be in there for a minute or two before getting out on thier own but could also be released by the com or by having the building blown up. Inside the jail we could have propoganda posters talking about how you shouldnt be a lamma.

It would let the com act as an admin for his team as many times there is no server admin to be seen.

6. biggs voraf

biggs voraf Member

that would be really funny. I hate it when tthere are people polluting a game by being complete asses. Can't you just turn on friendly fire so when someone is being an ass my trigger finger can accidently "slip" and I drive a bullet into their head?:D :cool:

7. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

Teh Llamas! They ruin our game!

I can see it now...

*psych0libe has joined the game

*psych0libe has been put in jail for "being an asshat"

psych0libe: I AM SPOUTING PROFANITIES!!1

etc.

Prehaps it should mute them too? :)

8. zachtos

zachtos Member

or a built in GUI votekick.

I'm getting sick of this mod already due to griefers.

9. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

This reminds me of the spawn camper prison for dod_caen i nthe betas =D

10. palehorse864

palehorse864 Member

If anything, it should be voted on by the team, otherwise you just have the griefers rush the comm seat, or a comm who thinks he is the whole world putting everyone in jail regardless. It has huge potential for abuse if the whole team doesn't have a vote.

11. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

but vote kicks are only succesful in extreme cases, plus if you com is an asshat your screwed anyhow. Also, you get out of jail in a minute or two, its more a slap on the wrist get back in line measure. Or if psy is on you can just keep putting him back in.

Prisoners would be able to initiate a kickvote for the com but it would still require say, 2/3s of the people to agree, so unless the com had most of the team in jail or other players saw the com was unfairly jailing people, it wouldnt get very far.

Yeah, the prisoners could be muted accept for kickvotes

12. ViperNL

ViperNL Member

LOL! :D

Think of the abuse! Theres lots of people who dont like arty or 'snipers'. The com can just jail em, and the team prolly wouldnt even care. Or clans jailing a few people forcing them to join the other team so they can play clan vs pub (essentially hijacking a server). Or "GO BULT TEH TURRET ON TEH OTHR SITE OF TEH MAP OR ILL LIEK JALE U!!!11".

I DO like sniping and arty. And Jailbreak. (Great concept, bad maps)
    I DONT like some 13yr old kid on the other side of the world telling me how i should be playing this game.

edit: I know I shouldnt be replying to this thread as if you were serious, but look whats happening to the blimps. The horror. :|

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  13. Ganks

Ganks Banned

that would be cool but would easily, and fairly quickly, be abused.

14. Revolver

Revolver Member

People from both teams should be in the same jail.

BTW, I loved Jailbreak. What ever happend to it, anyways?

15. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Maby a building that you can trap enemies in, so that they only get free when the building is destroyed!

Or not...

16. Comrade Regulus

Comrade Regulus Member

It would have to be decided by the whole team, as palehorse said.

Shooting lamers into the enemy base would rock, but I think some serious balancing would be needed, like making it worth 10000000 resources and have a huge resource tree in biology, like cloning lamer technology or something. But, Krenzo would have to create a lamer NPC that would run around the enemy base shouting "WH3R3 R TEH PLAN3S!?!?!!?!?!?" and walling up the vehicle factory. Otherwise we would have to find real-life lamers and force them to connect to the server every time you fire, which might take an 3X+R3|\/||_Y 31337 |-|4X0R. However, once implemented and researched, this cannon would spell certain doom for all teams affected, ecpeccially when they team up to kick the comm then drive the Comm vehicle into the water or off a ledge or something.

Yeah...

17. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Making it a commander placed building is a bad idea, primarily because of resources and space.

I'd even support Krenzo's guard duty idea over this. :|

18. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Yeah, this whole idea has become silly. In our original design document I laid out a punishment for team killers and griefers where the player would be forced to do guard duty around the base while getting yelled at by an overbearing NPC character. The problem is that both of these would distract from the actual game. Why would anyone stay and submit to these punishments instead of leaving?

I only threw out the mention of Jail Break as something like that could actually add to gameplay instead of detracting it.

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  19. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Well, perhaps a jail game mode where the killed go into jail ala jailbreak. but still, the Northern Faction Corectional Institute has a nice ring to it. ;-)

20. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

lol... oh Broderick, you capture the flavour of the game so well.

I think the CONCEPT is... about average, BECAUSE there is so much risk for abuse. Any sort of player punishment should be doled out by the admins or by vote from all the players. Voting the comm out might not actually happen if the griefer only harasses one person, or the griefer could just re-enter the comm, or any number of things. I think the concept of a jail is AWESOME, becuase it's impossible to ban anyone (for reasons which remain unnamed here) but such a vote should be made by the players.

And if such a jail is made BY VOTE, not BY COMM, then i say MUTE and hide the griefer's typed messages, too!