It's not a tank

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by HungryGuy, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

yeh it may have had wheels but it still had tracks as well ;)

2. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

the first tank was called a willy (hehe) \2 year old

3. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

from wikipedia "A tank is a tracked armoured fighting vehicle, designed primarily to engage enemy forces by the use of direct fire."

4. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

Whatever "facts" you read from Wikipedia articles might apply to the real world, but could be completely opposite in the Empires universe. The universe is different, the planet is different, the continents are different, the climate is different, the people are different, the technology is different, BUT! A TERM CANNOT BE DIFFERENT

Oh dear

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  5. Jn.

Jn. Member

I can't believe no one said that yet :D It seems to pop up just about everywhere an argument is being made about Empires.

6. NobleDragon

NobleDragon Member

[​IMG]

I had an animated one but stupid photobucket resized it to to under 1Mb :mad:

7. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

That.

Is.

The.

Awesomest.

Picture.

Ever.

8. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

i have to say you are correct niarbeht.

9. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

me too!

10. Vlade

Vlade Member

Be nice if riflemen had sandbags (like a wall, but doesnt need to be built up,
    only enough room to keep the bullets off 1 guy, quite low so u can shootover it just when crouching, and also handy to drop infront of key turret points *so the turret can shoot over the sandbag, but makes it slightly harder for a engie to nade spamm it). dunno why i bracketed all that.. i'll blame the fact its nearly 1 am and im tired ^^

11. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

Nah. Bad enough in such games like Battlefield 2 and Red Orchestra where every enemy player you see immediatley prones like a faggot. If riflemen could plop sandbag barriers, same basic premise; Every rifleman encounter would be like that, OPFOR rifleman instinctivley places barrier, hides behind it like a pussy, you nade his ass, etc.

12. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I sense that Wizzy plays America's Army!

But to be truthful, only an idiot keeps standing when out in the open IRL, unless he's running to cover. Standing in the middle of the open is dumb.

As is giving riflemen sandbags. Make them depend on engies for their protection. It's called teamwork.

13. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

:D Well I never said that people should just stand there and take it up the ass, I like moving cover to cover. Proning's just an annoying crutch.

Yeah I sometimes play AA, though I uninstalled (Though I find myself reinstalling it) it several times, my honor's only 23, the game's too hard :(

14. WolfsLoveRage

WolfsLoveRage Member

Yea... proning is what you do in real life unless you are in a MOUT area (city) or you are ambushed or enemy artillery is being shot towards you. Prone makes you the least target... even grenades have a hard time killing you unless they land right next to you. You also fire better in the prone which is what I was trying to say in the Nerf Rifleman thread about HMGs and the need for prone and bi-pod and tri-pod legs.

Al though I agree this is a video game I would still like to see realistic physics to some extent. However, a tank can be any thing that is large and armored and has a lot of power and that you call it a tank.

Look at Mech Warrior. What do they call them? Walking battle tanks. A Mech, but still a tank, just a walking one. Look at Star Wars. The giant AT-ATs. Those are walking tanks to me.

So why can you not put a tank cannon on a 8 wheeled vehicle?

A Bradely is tracked vehicle but it is called a BFV (What is in the back of my picture.) which fires 25MM and also a TOW launcher (Think 2 wired guided missiles... that can blow up most tanks in one shot... the only exception is an Abram as far as I am aware of.) and also has a 7.62 240B Heavy Machine Gun and in the back can hold up to 7-8 (Crammed) infantry... some with rifles some with AT-4s and Javalines making even more tank hunters to attack the enemy tanks with.

It isn't a tank exactly... yet it isn't an APC either... the sucker is just a Bradely. Now in the game even if it has wheels it could be condsidered their "Light Tank Class" vehicle because it fills the role nicely.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  15. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

A tank is a primary armoured fighting vehical.

There you go...

-Sheepe

16. Empires Noob

Empires Noob Member

It´s a Tank period

17. Avair

Avair Member

18. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Indeed.

I believe that shall halt all debate.

19. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

tank: fighting vehicle.

it's a role, not what it looks like or HOW it performs it's role. just a position that it fills.

come to think about it, that means that if I weld a super-soaker to my pushbike, it becomes a tank.....

GREAT! :D

20. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

I won't mention the NF arty tank being a self-propelled gun then.

I'm a WW2 fanatic, so I know the termanalogy backwards.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.