Is sudden death on commander maps fun?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by OuNin, Apr 22, 2013.

?

Is sudden death on commander maps fun?

1. Yes

42.9%
  2. Usually

28.6%
  3. Sometimes

42.9%
  4. No

19.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Reminds me of the jolly good time when i insta gibbed the nf cv from 60% of canyon during the most stacked against game i've ever played.
    Best match ever, only serves to teach how if you want to win in empires, you can never just start slacking.

Granted, It was only fun while it lasted. Also, the only thing i wish was added to sd is a slow ass respawn. Not always can you get a squad rev, and it sucks donkey balls to be left out the endgame.

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I die more than a pervert looking forward to kinky demon chicks in the afterlife, but i'm still in favour.

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

You can't beat me:rolleyes: I don't see a problem with the punishment you get for not being able to spawn and just waiting for a chance to get back at the enemy. If anything, it teaches you how to become a better player through curbing your rush-lust and learning the right moments to do everything involving enemies.

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

*shrug* 10 seconds isn't very much though. It's a standard penalty for fps games, and unless you need to actually make your way back to a battlefield, it isn't that bad.

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

You are absolutely right, I guess I'm just too used to faster spawns.

6. Tuxu

Tuxu Member

I feel that a sudden death feature or something like it should be present ingame since alot of the players, at least the new ones, resent "the grind".

However, sudden death does have some unfair element to it. if a team did good the entire match i don't see a reason to abandon the winner selection to a random element. Team balancing is essentialy a randomization of the player selection that leads to the fact that the composition of the team would be of those who know what to do in sudden death and those who doesn't. So one team got arties and gets a cheapshot on the CV in time... yey! another glorious round of emp_money.

I'd change it so something which is more squad-mission oriented that would give a meaning to the effort players invested in their play session.

* A mission that causes a timed power blackout to enemy building(res\fac\spawn\all).
    * A flag randomly spawns on a random mid point on the map and who ever captures and holds it for 240 seconds gets a "transmition" of a "super tech" which will be a modifier that make ml\cnn\arti shots do 250% damage - That way you actually fought and have earned the right to go get the winning with a very personal hands on approach.

I'd like it to be a game feature and not a kill-switch. :)