Is [Insert Game to buy Here] any good?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trid3nt, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Just thought we should do a list of games which are good/bad, soo

Is Lost Planet any good? And is GRAW2 any good?

2. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

You can have my lost planet key if you want, I have two thanks to stupid nvidia and intel. i thought it was a terrible game, if only because it's 3rd person.

no idea about GRAW2

3. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Anyone want a free Hl2?

4. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

No, I have the game, I'm just not sure whether to sell it on or not.

5. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

I absoluetly loved Lost Planet on the 360, mostly due to the fact you move so slowly/clunky and the massive creatures move fluidly and organically around you, posing an interesting fight.

My friends loved God of War and the sequel. I could never get into it, even after two hours of playing. Bored me to tears.

6. Namst

Namst Member

Imo, spore is the the only game that's worth buying this year (except maybe another episode of HL2), and in a year or two starcraft 2 probably.

perhaps just being pessimistic....

On topic: Haven't played a single oone of those games :( but I hear god of war is fun, but I've never played. Anyone know of any RPGs coming out? Oblivion was a bit of a disappointment to me, if only because my crappy hardware had trouble with the bare-minimal graphic settings. Although seeing those extra creepy guards with eyes but no faces made the low graphics a little worth while. Also, the physics engine seemed like crap, and the regular content bored me, and there was no mod 1/100 as good as empires for it (I know, thats a high bar to set, but still....)

Edit: Ironic to mention this here, but Total War: Empires I bet will get Game of the Year when it comes out if it's anything like what they say and the old games. All their games were win, and Shogun was one of my first games.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  7. Mr.Bungles

Mr.Bungles Member

if u want ... as long as its just hl2 and not ep.1

8. Lord_Doku

Lord_Doku Member

Yep, spore is gonna rock. I just hope you dont need an cdkey for playing it like most MP games need, cuz if it does then im in trouble :(

hmm... Nothing beats Burst Limit :)

9. manhunt0r

manhunt0r Member

graw2 was pretty epic if you are into the whole modern almost realistic warfare thingey (think rainbow 6 vegas in not so tight quarters with more sniping and tactics)

im done with the psp god of war, most prolly it was hyped up to much but i enjoyed it averagely

currently im playing stalker with some rus mods, its pretty fun but this game sooooo needs coop(which is nevar going to happen btw)

on the behalf of lost planet i wouldnt mind getting that free key if you dont need it, i found the demo quite entertaining the whole cold timer thingey was pushing the gameplay nicely plus the story looked somewhat promissing.i think this game is pretty old school in a nice way

10. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

The first God of War was fun but short, haven't play part two or Chains of Olympus yet. I've only played the Lost Planet demo on the 360, looked fun, I might pick it up when I get a PS3.

I wonder if Killzone 2 will be any good.

11. Namst

Namst Member

I'm just done with shooters for now. Between COD4 and TF2 and Half-Life 2 (all mods\expansions included) I can't imagine needing, let alone wanting, anything for another 3-4 years that's a shooter. Tack on Crysis, and everything else, and that's just too much.