Is Commanding Fun Or Not?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by [D3]Leroy Jenkins, Jul 13, 2009.

?

Is Commanding Fun

1. Yes, but it could be improved.

68.1%
  2. Yes, no improvement is needed.

7.7%
  3. No, it needs an overhaul

19.8%
  4. No, another reason stated in post

4.4%
  1. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

Deleted
    I fail

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  2. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

Remove com = Ima play BF
    Stop pretending it can be any other way.
    Yes, targets suck. Yes, some things are completely unintuative. Yes, the UI is horrible. These need to be changed so someone can hop into com and not completely fail, as long as they've got a decent understanding of inf. combat. What separates the good from the bad should be decision making and command ability, not knowing hax. So chris, clearly you suck at the whole being a good com, I'm not at all suprised no one listens to you.

3. [D3]Leroy Jenkins

[D3]Leroy Jenkins Member

I find it much more fun to command when you know the other commanders strategy and the other way around.

I was playing slaughtered i was the commander on nf against the BE commander sonecha i knew his strategy completely and he knew i knew but we didn't know what we would do turns out we do the same thing rush nukes heavies. But i had gone for reflective and he had gone for regen now that meant i got fission which put as at a disadvantage but i countered regen with bio-ml and needless to say it was a very good intense game that i thoroughly enjoyed commanding in.

4. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

the whole point of the new building was to require a commander to build an expensive, scout-vulnerable stationary target for the most powerful abilities to work. I don't see the problem with an arty strike a minute if the enemy team has a means to disable it - an active squad with a gren squad leader can average way more than a strike a minute and there's nothing the enemy can do about it (killing the gren only accelerates the rate of squad point accrual if there's a rev engineer) also, buffs are boring. you can't see the actual effect of them working unless they are really overpowered. but maybe this is not the place to discuss these kinds of things.

i doubt he cared what you researched. he does that on slaughtered every time, mostly for lulz

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  5. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Commanding would be golden if target spamming was removed.

Seriously. If this shitty "game mechanic" was thrown out, commanders could actually command instead of dragging boxes all day.

6. Sirex

Sirex Member

Yay and add more order types and a dual order system, one waypoint marker for Squad leader and one for the commander to order squads/soldiers, so the SL can make small tactical orders and the commander can still give a general strategic order for the squad.

7. zenarion

zenarion Member

I like a good commander.
    One that tells us the overall strategy first, before the round starts, so we know that there are people fighting at other places, working towards a common goal.
    This way we know that we aren't doing the boring "hold the line"-stuff for nothing, but to win.
    Communicate please, commanders.

For the people who want faster gameplay, i hear BF2 and TF2 are good.

8. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

well. depends if teams are stacked. if you command against a stacked team, its pretty shitty.. although if u win against a stacked team as the commander, its very gratifying and a good "fuck you" to the other team. more often then not, your team is doomed.

commanding on the stacked team.. its a nice feeling for the first few games of commanding, but after those few games, its not as satisfying.

necromancing the thread because i was lookin up commander armor.

9. communism

communism poof

outdated poll that would now have everyone voting option numbah 3

10. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

i find masterbating a good thing to do while commanding sweet sweet nf poontang GIVE IT TO ME YOU DIRTY WHORE OR ILL KILL YOUR DOG!!!

oh god i think im going to jo now k ttyl bbl

I think you need a time out from this place, il just give an infraction for now but seriously? the black hole is THAT W... oh wait... yea no more black hole please go somewhere else to post stuff like that?

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
  11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

If you guys think this poll is outdated, and new interesting results would be gained i think nothing stands in your way to make it again, see how it goes and compare the results

12. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

don't hate because you can't multitask like a boss

13. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

What the fuck? Why the hell did I vote "Yes, no improvement is needed."
    Shit needs an extreme overhaul.

14. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Man, I tried but, I just can't multitask that hard. But I've been playing SC2 a lot lately, so I might be able to manage it now.

15. complete_

complete_ lamer

trickster microing his micropenis

16. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

17. @@@@VEX@@@@@

@@@@VEX@@@@@ Member

I like to com, but i do agree it could use more work. And yes it is very frustrating when you have good research but your team doesn't utilize the 10k res you have waiting for your heavies to roll out...

Overall its usually quiet the task to take in everyone's complaints of what to do and research.

18. HazemK

HazemK Member

A good commander communicates with his team, I don't like people raging while they are comm, not everyone is good or they have just started. Plus there are always going to be people ignoring you, its not the army its a game at the end of the day. Don't mean no hate on the comms that do shout they tend to be the best.

Anyway yes the commanding in the game is sick, well done but obv some bugs left in it and anyone who says it is a boring tedious task is wrong, give it a chance before you judge commanding. Its not for everybody obv and if you comm wayyyy too much it does get boring, but that happens with everything in life, not just commanding.

Anyone having second thoughts about trying comm don't be afraid to try it. Also guys alot of new people are put off because everytime someone new comms there are always moaners and people abusing them to hurry, we all started somewhere and the tutorial really helps. The only way they learn what to really research and how to play online competitively is by playing on servers with genuine people. Dont hate on the newbies, help them

PEACE

19. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Pfft I win games without saying a single word sometimes.

20. HazemK

HazemK Member

There are some who don't say something you are right, but you must at least listen to what some of the players are saying or at least type a response? I seen you comm dude its good, you, Vampir and some others have said nothing and won games