Iron Sights

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Ermm ok!, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Ermm ok!

Ermm ok! Member

Hi Guys

Just wondering how many people use iron sights?

Personally I dont bother on the BE AR as there rather intrusive. I like the NF ones but to be honest i think both rifles are just as effective without.

Personally I would like Iron Sights to initiate a single shot function on rifles, with increased accuracy but less damage. I think this would make iron sights more useful.

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

single shot firing mode would be nice idd, I know people always make comments like "you can just click your fire button repeatedly", but its just not the same, it just isnt...

Overall I don't use ironsights, theres never been a time ironsights made me get a kill easier, enabling it takes too much time, your movement speed is decreased, can't see crap, and the rifles are already very accurate, as in where with 1.07 settings I would take accuracy upgrade first, I don't even bother with it now, let alone be an easy target and having even less chance of hitting with iron sights on.

Iron sights are cool, love them sp, or some realistic mod where all weapons pretty much suck, but handicapping yourself while facing accurate and high rate of fire weapons (rifles, smgs), just isnt worth the accuracy boost iron sights give you.

The weapons need a rebalancing before Ironsights positive points can compensate for the heavy handicap you lay upon yourself. The distance where iron sights become usefull in the current game is too far away, its not only the accuracy thats stopping you from hitting him, its mostly because the enemy is moving more unpredictable (caused by errrm distance, depth, whatever im rambling xD) and your bullets having to travel that distance, add up trying to pixel fuck with your aim because you cant see half of his body due to hills inbetween etc.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  3. Ermm ok!

Ermm ok! Member

I agree with you dizzy one

Just click fire button repetedly?

lol i dont understand how that would be the same as a single shot function , I think each mouse click is at least 3 shots ? regardless of how fast / slow / hard you push the button!

4. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

I use iron sights only for NF assault gun and rifle. Everything else either doesn't compensate enough from the decrease in speed or it takes up most of the screen.

5. Caelo

Caelo Member

I'm afraid to use rifles in 1.08..
    They are really clumsy. Reloading takes forever, ironsights are clumsy and accuracy sucks :/ Only the pistols, mines (BE) and mortar are worth getting.

Using ironsights should give a good accuracy bonus and it should be fast to use.

6. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Iron sights have been less reliable for me than no sights. Even NF rifles.

7. Silk

Silk Mapper

well imo that's not because ironsights are not good enough, but that weapons are just too effective without.

8. flatmush

flatmush Member

I never use them, they really are useless unless they get an accuracy bonus or something.

9. Doggeti

Doggeti Former Developer

Whenever I switch in/out of IS it looks like the animation starts a second time. Makes it feel jerky and slow. Actually most animations have this "second start bug", at least for me. However, that's why I don't want to use iron sights right now.

10. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

I love iron sights for the NF medium rifle...It now feels like an M1 garand >_<

perfect!

11. HaschteWas

HaschteWas Member

The iron sight for the BEAR is quite useless cause it hides 50% of your screen and you cant aim while steeping left or right.....

12. Archanor

Archanor Member

I agree. The BE AR is nicely modelled, except for the "handle" thing on top of it.
    It takes away too much of the view. Also, it seems that the NF rifles are much stronger than the BE rifles, it annoys me a lot.

13. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Aim, then activate ironsights, it works.

14. arklansman

arklansman Member

And it takes too long.

To me the BEAR seems like it's iron sights are pointing down a very slight bit, and seems unnatural.

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

yeah absolutly! I absolutely love that rifle now, it's perfect. it doesn't need any adjustment imo, it can already kill 2 - 3 people with a clip.

16. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

I use it alot when people start running away, or people are closing in from a distance, or just feel like sniping in full auto (I've always seen assualt rifles & SMGs more effective than sniper rifles in almost every FPS I've played). :)

17. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

i use em plenty, the guns feel accurate with Ironsights IMO. my favorite is definatly the NF medium rifle

18. Angry

Angry Junior Member

NF .50 cal is basically Empire's version of the M1 Garand/carbine or the M14 rifle, semi-auto, deadly accurate and it packs a punch.

19. Rothgar

Rothgar Member

The BEAR ironsight is bad... I mean I am already trying to get used to the new accuracy etc from 1.07 to 1.08 but when I use ironsight on the BEAR and it takes a few seconds for the gun to stop moving and as people pointed out it reduces your viewing so that you have to line the enemy up within 1cm of your screen it is rediculous I try to avoid using ironsight at all because as people say it doesn't seem to increase accuracy.

The NFAR is awesome, it doesn't reduce your viewing of the screen and you can still target enemies I use it for long distance. The BEAR needs some adjustments imo maybe even the single line in the center would be enough not sure, would like to see it changed though.

20. Simon

Simon Banned

Ghost rings ftw. I think BEAR should have m16 like sights with rear aperture.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007