Iron Grip

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -=GODS=-EZEKIEL, Mar 17, 2008.

1. -=GODS=-EZEKIEL

-=GODS=-EZEKIEL Member

2. arklansman

arklansman Member

Shitty mod is shitty.

3. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I support them in trying to go commercial, but why would anyone try to create a commercial game on the Quake 3 engine? At least choose a low cost engine that has some sort of support and isn't abandoned.

4. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

I don't support them at all ^.^. Come out with a mod thats actually fun to play, (it was only fun to "try out") and than work on commercial.

5. Ghost Sonic Safais

Ghost Sonic Safais Member

I like it,the idea is great,everybody loves to fight hordes of AI soldiers in COOP with your buddies.
    The Sounds are awsome and it doesn't look too bad.

Btw,Zombie Master is good too,but it's terribly coded.
    When you got a group of Zombies it lags most of the time.

They made it possible to have those hordes without too much lag or even none at all.

They haven't abandoned the mod as far as I know (used to be quite into their community),atm they are rewriting the entire Game code...

Means,they take what they learned and start from scratch,giving us a much more stable,polished and better functioning mod.

6. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

I second that.

7. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Good idea, good art good atmosphear.
    The only problem is, for me, it doesnt make fun and i installed and tryed it more
    than 10 times. Hey there universe got warblimps and spidermechs but for gods
    sake it is to repetitive.

8. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I had high hopes for this one but the devs were tosser and have seemingly given up with the mod =/

9. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

What the hell have they been sniffing? Quake 3 engine is GPLed and that means the poor bastards have to release the source code once they finish their project and that means shitload of cheats and other nastiness.

UT2k4 engine or Torque(or one of the other "indie"-engines) might have been a better choice.

There's nothing wrong in trying to make a living though. I hope they'll have more success with their new project than with Iron Grip.

10. Dragoon

Dragoon Member

Nothing is wrong going commercial and get a few buck for all the hard work you have put in.
    But they should have stayed with source and steam is the perfect for this purpose.
    Actually I expect Empires go the same way, when it got aircrafts included, that CS:S, DOD:S and Natural Selection have taken.

11. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

I played it and it was great fun. Especially some of the maps were interesting but too bad it lagged much because of all the AI things and also there were quite many bugs in it but it was fun to blast all those AI guys and actually it was very balanced.

Either side could win equally much. I liked it but lag made it hard to enjoy.

Also they have some very beautiful concept art pictures and the vehicles which they designed were purely something new.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Iron Grip the oppression eh? Well actually, it's what I was on before I got to Empires. Although they never really had a full server, and the lag was horrendous, it could have become good....a little wasted on me though, because I prefer playing against thinkers ^^

13. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

http://igwarlord.isotx.com/

This is their new version that is going commurtial. But seriously WHY the step back in engine power :confused: lol. Any how they could of done wonders with it if u look at some of the consepts for the blimps. They look cool, to see them look and the first released pics of the mod on moddb :D:D

14. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

This is old news, and the Q3 engine is freeware, meaning they can do whatever they please with it.

15. Angry

Angry Junior Member

You know why they have an IRON GRIP right? RIGHT? (haha at masturbatory jokes)

16. arklansman

arklansman Member

Welcome to one page ago.