interfering transmitter for scout

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Doggeti, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Doggeti

Doggeti Former Developer

This could work like this: A scout sneaks into an enemy base and sets up a small gadget, the interfering transmitter. Once deployed it hinders every enemy within a certain range from sending or receiving voice chat + radio commands and team chat is scrambled + the scout can read all messages sent by the other team and warn his own team. As model we could use a shrunk down version of the small radar.

2. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

I would like to see some kind of ability for scouts so that they can read/hear the other team.

3. Caelo

Caelo Member

time for Krenzo to get another coder :P

4. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Actualy I think this would be a cool ability for the scout. Once close enough he can see any messages they send or instrucitons they send or resave from there squad or commander. If he gets close enough to the enemy commander/radar everything shows up on your teams radar.:D

5. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I believe the spy class in TFC (possibly only with NeoTF) had the ability to read enemy team-chat, which was randomly garbled from a distance, but readable up close. Something like this would work well, I think.

6. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

except that everybody can use vent (or not communicate), making it just a useless gimmick.
    Theres no point in adding in features that can be dodged completely, ends up being half assed and unused.

7. Doggeti

Doggeti Former Developer

Of course in theory you can use RogerWilco, TeamSpeak or even your normal phone but in a public game these are pure hypothetical options.

Another variant that couldn't be bypassed would work like this: The transmitter doesn't mess up or block messages but shuts down any IT-systems in buildings. The vehicle selection screen fades black so nobody can build new vehicles, players inside barracks or armories can't open up the class & skill menu anymore (I think this should be limited to living players) and perhaps most annoying of all the commander only gets access denied messages when he tries to open the research screen. The radar still is finishing the current research item (if there is any) as long as it isn't sabotaged but the commander can't start a new research.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

yeah, it's a really wantable feature, but thanks to vent and the fact that it will discourage communication in a team, i don't think it's workable.

9. Doggeti

Doggeti Former Developer

What do you all think about the second version witht the IT-blocking?