Interface Tweaks

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Broccoli, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Two tiny interface tweaks that I think will help the mod:

1. Change the style of the in-game menus. I mean the server browser, the options screen, and all those. Grey and rounded corners are nice, but it feels too much like stock HL2. I found and changed the corner images myself, but the colour change was photoshopped.

http://image.bayimg.com/gafbdaabi.jpg

2. Make the scoreboard two columns. Not only does it stop the list from scrolling off the bottom of the screen, it also makes it easier to compare the sizes of the teams, as well as looking a little more original than the standard scoreboard.

http://image.bayimg.com/hafbcaabi.jpg

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

awesome score board... I'm not so sure of the menu idea... I prefer the ones we have to that...

any chance that we might get another row or two in the score menu, like "vehicles killed"?

3. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

I like the scoreboard. Did you change the .res file? Or is it photoshopped?

4. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Broccoli: not everyone is using resolution that would allow to do such thing. I just prefer having to scroll readable list than see font size =5 without scrolling. You can compare team sizes by looking at number in parens.

5. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

How does Brocolli win so hard every time? I think if you have a widescreen resolution, that scoreboard should be default.

6. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

It was also photoshopped. It would change according to resolution, in the same manner that the current scoreboard does. I didn't change the text size at all, and that was playing at 1024x576. With a higher resolution, the text will naturally appear larger.

Also, the current list is not scrollable. Quite often when the server gets busy it's impossible to see who is spectating, and sometimes even the bottom of the NF team. I would settle for scrollability as a part solution, but I think having two columns is so much more elegant.

Team sizes can always be compared by looking at the numbers, but it's clearly more visual to be able to compare the two side by side. Anyway, that wasn't the primary function of this suggestion.

I have one more suggestion also, this time as a fix for the command view in widescreen mode. This is the worst part of the interface for me (edited version is on the bottom):

http://image.bayimg.com/fafdeaabi.jpg

A change as simple as moving a box improves it 100%

7. Caelo

Caelo Member

I'd like to see a fix to enable dualscreens, but I guess this is the wrong forum for that?

8. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

9. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Have we ever heard of checkboxes?

Might be interesting to have two scoreboard options.