Interesting thought

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Mindfreak, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Mindfreak

Mindfreak Member

While speccing on the "test server" in killx's signature :headshot: , i had an interesting idea, and played around with it.

A researchable rocket for the grenadier. This rocket would be guidable, and have an on-board camera, and would do no damage at all.

A grenadier could select the rocket as a "skill" and load up a total of 2. once fired, the grenadiers camera would change to the rockets perspective. Once in flight, the rocket would have a vertical fuel bar on the left side of the screen.

There could be enough fuel for...oh say perhaps, maybe 8-10 seconds of flight, depending on how much they turn the rocket.

Anything the grenadier would see through the rocket wouldn't be placed on the radar or marked by a diamond, it would simple be as if the gren was looking through a vehicle.

As the fuel would get down low, controlling the rocket could become more difficult, and the camera would shake.

Once the rocket is out of fuel, it could either glide for a spell, explode, or simple arc down and crash into the ground.

I've thought this through, I don't think it will make the game unfair, since it would be as if the grenadier were looking through a closed circuit feedback from the rocket camera...i hope someone gets what i mean by that.

It could be pricey to research, and as an added though, be available only to grenadier squad leaders.

Good Idea or not, I like the idea, sorry if anyone thinks its the dumbest shit of an idea on earth, at least I thought it through <.< >.>

Edit: wonder how many squad points people will suggest for this idea, hehe
    Edit2: Ok, I gotta admit...I'm kinda anxious to see what peoples reactions are gonna be to this idea, hopefully it wont go unread and just sink to the bottom of the thread list.:|

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  2. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

I'd like a TV-guided missile instead.

Mmm... TV Guide...

3. Mindfreak

Mindfreak Member

thats more or less what i just suggested >.> minus the damage, but if it did damage, that would be awesome as well, though a bit over the top for cv hunting

4. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Yeah, I thought Dystopia was a pretty good game too.

5. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

Something like the redeemer... minus the nuke, where it would be rather slow and shoot-downable, and even targetable by turrets.

6. Mindfreak

Mindfreak Member

exactly, only little to no damage, as far as having turrets be able to shoot it down, in this instance, i say count it as infantry, and have the mg turret target it instead of the ml. otherwise, you have a missile...trying to shoot down a missile.
    ...actually, now that i think about it, its more or less a UAV thats fired from a tube, so yeah, ml turret should target it.

7. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

A missle shooting down a missle sounds fine. Sounds like the Patriot System that the USA has.

8. Mindfreak

Mindfreak Member

yea, i forgot we had that :( guess the rocket, uav, tv guided missile or whatever would have to be at least a smidge slower then a bog standard ml missile

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

So what would the point of the missile be if not to do damage?

10. Chahk

Chahk Member

Reckon missile? Sounds like something for the Scout's arsenal.

11. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

^i was just gonna say that. either it would show everything it sees as though a scout used binoculars to see it, only what was in the mid would be targeted as such, or it would work as a temporary, mobile, engi cam/radar.

i like making it the mobile cam/radar, giving it to scout squad leaders, and replacing the "everyone in squad gets enhanced senses thingy" with it.

12. Mindfreak

Mindfreak Member

well, depending on how it could be setup [ if krenzo likes the idea at all]

It could be a tv guided missile, or a UAV.

If people think it should do damage, hey, i wouldn't mind that perk. I just thought it would be overused for cv hunting if it did damage. IE in canyon, someone could stand around a corner, and if they knew where the cv was, they'd fire and guide it into it. I just came up with the initail thought, its up to everyone else to voice their thoughts and opinions on this.

13. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

I'd rather it be targeted by mg then ml. Other wise it could be used to lead ml missles into things.

14. Vaun

Vaun Member

I like it, its pretty cool, and maby a level 2 could do as much as a basic rocket in damage, but be more visable. maby the scout could have an rc version or maby a small heli version that makes a quiet but sharp buzzing sound, or even a version dropped from the recon heli i suggested in the "dont you wish there were more than 3 aircraft" or watever it was thread. that could fly into enemy buildings and explode like a flying frag grenade. Come to think of it, that sounds like something youd see in metal gear solid 4.

15. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

that could be kind of cool, maybe instead of paying to research it - give an option (skill) to replace attack with this new tv-guide&mark on minimap (you still have arty, why not go for it?)