Intercom alert priority with text

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Vulkanis, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

We have pleanty of people that mute all audio avalilble on empires and just play on, ignoring any alerts such as "our vehicle factory is taking damage" or "Barracks under attack" our favorite "The Command Vehicle is under attack"
    and go on their nilly way then once their team takes a loss advocates the commander is of little to no skill.

So here is my proposal to deal with these kinds of people.

Intercom alert priority - New system that will allow the intercom alert to designate which alert should be heard first for example, if the commander is getting destroyed he won't miss the alert entirly now because the CASUALTY alert went off simultaneously, also makes alert specific text appear in its own panel on the HUD rather then in the text box, the text itself is a neon green, and will remain on the screen for ten seconds or until a higher priority alert is sounded.

until the problem is dealt with, to prevent the spam of repeated alerts the priority will only sound the same alarm for the same issue every 10 seconds.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  2. Demented

Demented Member

1. Anything on the minimap flashes when it's taking damage.

2. There are numerous people who don't have a mic and will type things out. (In ALLCAPS, if they're angry.)

3. If they mute ALL audio, they aren't going to hear your intercom alerts.

3. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

did you read the title, I believe I specifically addressed in the thread that their would also be a very noticeable text notification fo the alert

4. Demented

Demented Member

If they can't read what people are typing out or look at what's flashing in the minimap, do you think they'll be looking at your text notifications?