Ingame Tips

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Mahwa, May 20, 2006.

1. Mahwa

Mahwa Member

Heho,

first: I don't know if this has been suggested before, i used the forum search without results.

does anyone remeber the Ingame Tips of Day of Defeat? What about ingame tips for Empires?

Like:

If you entere the Com-Vehicle

"This is the Commander-Vehicle. Press F2 to Command the Game"

or if you get a squad invatation

"You recived a squad-invatation. Press F to open the Pop-Up menu and click S to go to the Squad menu."
    That would be a big help for new players who haven'd read the manuel. Also it would make the game funnier for the other players.

And, of course, sorry for my worse english. ;)

2. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

I think a tutorial is planned, so this wouldnt be neccesary, anyway, if youre an experienced player and you get these popups all the time, you would go nuts,

for example, a scout then a popup says, "you have just activated the hide ability, stand to turn it off" just as you were about to shoot some guy, i would get a bit pissed off

3. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

Maybe have the ablity to turn it off for people who know these things, but have it ALWAYS on for people with Emp_Recruit's so you don't have people going "How do I accept?" or asking for ammo.

4. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

cl_autohelp 1 anyone?
    Sounds good.

5. Mahwa

Mahwa Member

To bring this Topic back alive.

I thought of checkbox or something in the options.

When you first start Empires it's checked and the tips are on. But you can uncheck it if you don't need them anymore.

6. Jimather

Jimather Member

7. Mahwa

Mahwa Member

I know that there is a manuel and you know that there is a manuel. But most people don't know that and less of those people who know it really read the manuel. And as i said in my first post, it's for thouse people who haven't read it.

8. Jimather

Jimather Member

yeah and i was posting that link for people who click on your topic expecting to see some tips.