Information bar for targets on yourself

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by -=SIP=-, Apr 23, 2009.

1. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

It is a kind of stupid, if you sneak arround but the enemy can see you because of commander targets.

My suggestion is to add a visual notification for every player, who has a target on you.

Example: Four enemys can see you by commander targets.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  2. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Very good suggestion, although i don't think you need to know the exact number of players that have you targeted. A simple big red exclamation mark appearing somewhere on the HUD should be enough. Maybe with an additional voice info 'you have been targeted'.

3. Silk

Silk Mapper

I love it, but purely for personal reasons.
    One thing i like about empires is the adrenaline rush it gives me. I do enjoy games like quake3 or painkiller, but dying in those games means nothing as it's one big fragfest.
    In empires however killing someone means something, and getting killed does matter. So battlefield awareness is important and it constantly requires your attention.

If i'm running/fighting somewhere and i see 3 red marks or whatever symbol that gets used, i'll be looking around constantly keeping an eye on every shadow going "Fuck! They can be right behind that hill coming towards me"

It's just a detail though. I'd like it, but it's obviously not that important (certainly not compared to some other stuff)

Like McGyver said, i wouldn't need to know the exact number, but i'd still prefer to know ... for the same reasons. More marks means more danger means more adrenaline.

4. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

The problems I see with this would be the info it would give your team about the enemy's. Like if you sneak into a base and the commander gives you targets now they know your in there base. Or if its a shitty commander you can tell because you won't ever get targeted. Same goes for if its a really good commander and you keep getting targeted yet you get no targets, that's going to kill moral. The other problem I see is it's just another layer for people to learn and more stuff in the manual.

Maybe it could be for scouts only so they don't have a red box around them while hidden.

5. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

make it a rifleman skill :)

6. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

build-in , if so

7. OuNin

OuNin Member

I'd want it to be an innate skill, with different extensions for different classes.

8. Sirex

Sirex Member

Remove commander mass target wallhax for infantry in the first place problem solved.

9. harryhoot1

harryhoot1 Member

maybe this feature should be a plugin (or not) where it can be researched by electrical engineering (maybe in the department of tracking systems)

or this could be an extra perk for the scout's enhanced senses

10. Alceister

Alceister Member

Mah Spidey-Sense is Tinglin'.

Individual targeting of enemy units should be left to squad leaders IMO. Instead, Commander should be able to issue unmoveable "target markers". These will indicate to the player any structure or objective that needs capturing, or the general area in which an enemy may be encountered.