Infinite reloads on bullet firing weapons.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by urethra franklin, Jan 6, 2013.

1. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

I've been wondering lately about a system where bullet firing weapons have infinite reloads, there's really no point to making bullet weapons have to tote ammo boxes and armories everywhere when it has no impact on vehicle combat or on building destruction. All it really does is make riflemen, scouts, and to a lesser degree engineers have to watch ammo and often run out of ammo in the middle of a combat area. Mortars, rpg's, mines, and grenades would all still have ammo restrictions to keep building/vehicle combat fair. Weapons would still have the same balance due to reload times. The only thing made less powerful by this would be the ammo upgrade but so what, it would still be relevant later in game for destroying shit.

2. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

What the fuck is wrong with you? Infinite ammo only worked on vehicles because of heat limitations, which infantry obviously do not have. Did you even bother rubbing together two brain cells before you made this suggestion? Can you imagine how stupid things would be if riflemen wouldn't have to worry about conserving ammo?

3. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Urethra you are treading on very dangerous grounds, while some threads have been a food for thought discussions. Giving infinite ammo for guns is by far one of the most absurd things to be suggested. It reeks of causal.

What I suggest is you stay and keep playing the game, and learn for yourself why things are the way they are.
    Everyone has been in your shoes the only difference is some of them stayed while others have left.

Please, you need to learn more about the game before making these kind of suggestions.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I think he's trolling.

5. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I hope so

6. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

Nope. I'm saying things that I think would be interesting, and apart from the mine removal thread it's all just stuff that would be kinda cool. These are just suggestions, I'm posting them to get the forum moving and to stir thought.

And infinite reload systems on bullet weapons isn't that terrible, the worst it can do is increase spawn killing. It's stupid to run out of ammo because either you aren't near an engie or they died or they won't/can't drop ammo.

7. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

You can't create a multiplayer game based upon pub matches and individual play. most maps are either small, open or have ammo boxes scattered througout. District, manticore, arid, and cyclopean for example, all have preplaced ammo crates in many areas.

This is also why armories are cheap.

8. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

My god, Security + YouzY would rape the opposing team into nothingness if it was like this. Ammo restrictions are the only thing that stop great riflemen from raping everything.

And we don't need even *more* reason for people to use the scunt rifle.

9. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

This suggestion basically sounds like a stealth nerf to the gren, by making every hitscan infantry weapon carry unlimited ammo. Urethra, what do you have against grenadiers? :confused:

10. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Dude see , he doesnt play enough other classes to understand if you give me, spike, reznov, or any other good rifleman or mortar player infinite ammo we will destroy an entire base on our own.

11. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Gren weapons are balanced by ammo, not reload time. And riflemen have the largest magazines in the game, so reload time can't do the job alone.

12. BroT

BroT Member

Don't feed the troll!

[​IMG]

13. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

14. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

urethra franklin is most likely the most successful troll to ever come to these forums. Even if it's retarded, I congratulate him.

15. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

I didn't know making suggestions and explicitly stating that these are just ideas constitutes trolling.

16. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

Bullet firing only, mortars, rpgs, and grenades still would need ammo.

Also, as with every idea in suggestions, it could be tweaked for balance, including magazine size tweaks.

17. Reznov

Reznov Member

Shotgun pistol + unlimited ammo = Dear mother of god :D

18. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

Unlimited reloads. It would still take like 30 seconds to reload and only work at super close range. As is doesn't it have like 8 reloads?

19. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Shotgun has a butload of ammo even if you dont refill it anyway.
    Now pistol with unlimited ammo on the other hand..

20. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I really hate this comment. I don't hate you and you did not come up with this comment. It's a stock comment that has found its way into everything.

Whether or not these threads sport your opinion (i.e. 'ideas') is completely irrelevant. If an idea aligns with your opinion, that does not improve (or detract from) the idea. You need argument to show that certain ideas are better than others. Personal opinions have nothing to do with it. So don't ever feel like it's ever acceptable to say, "IMHO, ..." "Well you might feel that way, but it's just my opinion." "This is just my personal opinion, so no flaming!"

Of course they could be changed to balance without ammo, but that's a design choice and the choice isn't your's to make.

I pointed it out at the end of my first post in your horrific mine thread. Everyone in this thread is like, "Well, the [insert weapon] is so OP with unlimited ammo, terrible idea." Derp derp, of course half of the weapons are OP after you remove one of the biggest weapon controls in the entire game. That doesn't mean you can't balance without it, it just means that the current game needs it.

And so if you change a bunch of stuff to account for that new design choice, do you really have the same game? We come here because there's something about Empires that we enjoy. When you change major design choices, you're lopping off a part of the community.

It's ok to think differently about design. I whined around that i hate the gren in that mine thread, but I understand that this game is a little bigger than just King Spartacus. It's also a little bigger than King Urethra.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013