Infiltration Round 3 Location vote + Signups

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Then you won't get praised for playing well dumbass. I included Empty in any PM I sent when I was Infil.

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

What happens when infil target him? Say Infil 1 & 2 vote for the gren and Infil 3 votes for Paradox (because everyone wants Paradox to die). Who dies?

3. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

ooooooooooooooooooooow

4. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Paradox.
    But it does provide a problem, since all infils have only 1 kill together who gets killed by the gren if they target him? All? Hardly, some random infil empty likes the least? likly :o

5. ImSpartacus

If the infil vote on it, then maybe it's the people that vote for the gren?

Or if it's a single, randomly chosen infil, I guess that'd be fine as well.

6. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Then it's a random dice roll or whatever between the infils that voted for that grenadier, or have it kill the guy who voted for some other random person, and the backstory could involve that he wasn't so focused on killing that one target. Game rating could also fall into play so whoever has the worst game rating (or highest so really good players have to watch out) gets killed.

7. ImSpartacus

I like randomly picking an infil from the pool of infil that voted for the gren. That's a good idea.

8. Empty

Empty Member

Infils choose who performs their hit, if none are specified I'll choose by random.org.

9. ImSpartacus

As in, they choose which infil performs the kill?

10. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

As in , why do you even need to ask that?
    Seriously sparta, thats like braindeadly obvious D:

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

in the tank factory, how are infils supposed to kill grenadiers?

12. Z100000M

lynch. If they know who they are, which they do not. In that case, dumb luck in avoiding and lynching other in hope of hit.
    Gren is pretty much a failsafe for infils winning too soon. They are nearly sure to ram into one and give another day to the crew.

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Just always do it by random.org because with that gren I don't think anyone will want to get voluntold.

14. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Honestly, the Infiltrators don't need to worry about Grenadiers as much as the base crew do. Here are some scenarios that might crop up.

-Infiltrators target a Gren. Gren dies, an Infil dies. A loss to the Infils, but then again there are four for a reason

-Class targets Gren. Serious fucking loss for the base crew. Huge gain for the infils.

-Infils wait for someone to vote against a Gren and then bandwagon that shit. Gren gets shat on, another day lost for the base crew and won for the Infils

-Base crew vote against Gren without much pushing, and the Gren names his class. An Infiltrator pipes up to say that he is in fact a Gren; the Gren is clearly a lying infiltrator scumbag. Gren dies, Infil dies. Vote and rifleman wasted. (This is even better for Infils if Rifle is dead)

Grenadiers slightly favour Infiltrators, which is good as last round should have been easily won by the base crew and the infiltrators have needed a buff since they were nerfed to 1 kill/night.

TL;DR quit yer bitchin

15. Z100000M

infils have no way of knowing the gren.

16. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Sense, these don't make any. @First scenario you could replace gran with base crew or any other class infils got to know about, but pushing to vote a special class of gives the infils away.

Second scenario everyone dies for some reason, infil dies, rifleman dies and gren dies and ofc vote is wasted and an infil declares himself gren even though there are 2 grens thus it doesn't even coflict with the first gren etc etc ...

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  17. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

First scenario, the gren revealed himself. Seeing as there would be two main ways to play gren, maybe he didn't want a scout/rifle/engineer to blow up on him.

Second one, just because an infiltrator declares himself a gren doesn't mean riflemen will blow up when they kill him.

18. ImSpartacus

You guys know there's no rifleman in Tank Factory, right?

19. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Oh I get the second one now, a rifleman hit is wasted not a rifleman,

for the first one anyone could declare themselves a gren, which is actually a good thing to do for any basecrew as you might be able to lure a infil out if you get vote of for that(which is likly, too) infils might have a small advantage from that but w/e, imo grens are nothing for me doesn't sound that much fun to me to be honest.

20. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Gren's can basically have immunity after they tell everyone that they are gren, since infiltrators are obviously not going to kill them until it is necessary to sacrifice an infiltrator. And then a scenario begins where 3 or 4 people claim they are gren so it kind of turns into a fun extreme confusion game.