Infantry weapons, and possibly a new bio weapon?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Gorgutz, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Gorgutz

Gorgutz Member

Personally, I was excited when I saw the iron sight feature in the screenshots for 2.0, but I've only used one firearm with them, and that kinda disappointed me. Sure, melee's a good idea, but why not just make a knife weapon to use, or even a spade or something instead of a gun? I never see anyone use melee (But then again I usually comm and focus on building and researching than watch my troops fight), and the iron sights would be useful for picking off targets just a little too far for hipfire.

Personally, I love iron sights. They're great for increasing your accuracy, plus I think it looks a lot cooler than just firing a gun from a hip, and unless you're Bonnie and you're firing a sawn-off BAR, you don't look that cool.

Anyway, an idea that's been swirling around in my head since 1.06, why not introduce gas warfare sometime? It could be an artillery shell, and essentially be a bio weapon. You fire it off and when it hits, it releases a neuro-toxin or something into a general area, and any infantry, friendly or not, couldn't go in it without taking damage. Kinda like fire I suppose, only it's a cloud and not big ol' flames.

2. Valiant

Valiant Member

Friendly fire is a big no no.

3. Gorgutz

Gorgutz Member

I figured. It's an idea pal, and I came up with it off the top of my head

4. dsi1

dsi1 Member

Maybe instead of dealing damage it could act as tear gas?

5. Gorgutz

Gorgutz Member

Possibly, I haven't given it much thought, but what would the tear gas exactly do?

6. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

There have been discussion about this a while back; it came to the idea of giving the APC's smoke grenades and gas grenades... Or arty fired gas shells... but it went no further then that.... just an idea tossed around...

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  7. Gorgutz

Gorgutz Member

Ahh. Knew I should've joined the forums when I first started playing.

8. Cheomesh

Cheomesh Member

As for infantry weapons I'd like to see less of a scattered "cone of fire" and a more "real" ballistic model in the future.

9. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

i will say this--- improving the melee upgrade skill has long been a contention of mine, and has been discussed by quite a few people. While I disagree with your assessment of unupgraded melee ability (it's fine shitty, it's supposed to be shitty) I do think that if you're going to waste a skill slot on it you should at lease get your money's worthh.

10. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Continually adjusting your sights or having to aim higher, then lower then higher again just really isn't that fun tbh

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

the main disadvantage of more realistic, hard to use weapons is the added bonus it gives to veterans of the game. What less player decidable weapons do is mean that even a new player can go around and get kills without having to have played the game before. In the end, empires is a game where strategy and teamwork come before personal rambo ability- having a noob rifleman to protect you really should protect you vs an experienced engineer.

take counterstrike. on that, one good player can completely kill off your round, but atleast you get to start fresh the next round. on empires, 2 hours of being completely killed by a guy who's skill is amazing is not fun.

12. Gorgutz

Gorgutz Member

I'd still like to see more iron sights. :p

13. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Same. MG's need IS!

14. Androc

Androc Member

Actually, I like things the way they are right now. I mean, if they assigned melee to another button, that might be nice since all guns would get both. But I make regular usage of the SMG melee, so I wouldn't want to lose it.

15. Cheomesh

Cheomesh Member

Agreed. Make melee like MB3, IS MB2, PF MB1.

16. dsi1

dsi1 Member

About the tear gas, it could effectively 'blind' the player by blurring his vision to the point where you can barely see the weapon you are holding, it would also block the mini map and other HUD elements as it effects your ability to see the display in your goggles/whatever the hell the NF use.

17. Gorgutz

Gorgutz Member

I like the tear gas idea so far, but I really have no say since I'm a junior member. :V

Also about the IS, if you use melee, IS ought to be MB3 just like in Red Orchestra.