Individual auras in squads

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Wilson, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Wilson

Wilson Member

At the moment sqauds isn't very effective. Alot of people join a squad for the free skill point and then just forget about it. Here is my suggestion to encourage and reward teamwork.

First of all, remove the squad leader aura(he will still keep the squad powers). Instead add a whole new set of skills for each class under the menu "aura". Basically each class would be able to choose an aura over their normal skills. These auras would only work when a squad member is within range for it. They would also be stacking, so a full squad could have 5 auras affecting all of them from the very beginning. Some suggestions of different auras:

Engineer
    Ammo refill
    Refill ammo equal to one click at an ammo box once every 10 sec.
    Stacking: 10/8/6/5/4sec
    Global vechile cooling
    Increas cooling rate of nearby vechiles by 6%
    Stacking: 6/10/14/18/20%

Grenadier
    Damage increase
    Increase damag done by nearby friendly units by 4%
    Stacking:4/8/11/14/16%
    Fortified tanks
    Reduce damage taken by all friendly nearby units driving tanks by 4%
    Stacking: 4/8/11/14/16%

Rifleman
    Replenish
    Heal 3% of total health to all nerby friendly units every 10 sec
    Stacking: 3/6/8/9/10% of total health
    Vechile damage
    Increasy all damage done by nearby friendly tanks by 4%
    Stacking: 4/8/11/14/16%

Scout
    Global radar stealth
    Hides all squad members(not tanks) from camera detection for 5 sec, once every 10 sec.
    Stacking: 5/9 sec, once every 10/6 sec (3 scouts give complete camera immunity
    Test of endurance
    Increase movement speed of all nerby squad members by 10% and stamina regneration rate by 30%
    Stacking: 10/20/30/35/40% speed increase. 30/50/70/90/100% stamina regneration rate.
    Tank tactics
    Increase the fire rate of all tank shells by 10% and reduce the reload time for all missiles by 20% for nearby squad tanks
    Stacking: 10/15/20/23/25% increased rate of fire for tank shells
    20/40/60/70/80% reduced reload time for missiles.

So thats what I've come up with. The skills are just rough suggestions and may have to be changed/replaced but the general idea is to make squad work more rewarding and squads more powerful.
    Any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  2. Empty

Empty Member

Seems a bit silly if you ask me, it makes 2 players a deathsquad, squads should work with 4 or 5 players, so there's actually teamwork involved.

3. Solidox

Solidox Member

I like the time you obviously put into this but even thou im all for scout improvement, 80% reduce timed for ml reload? if you had a squad of scout nuke tanks, that just would be rediculous. Try to make it like max is a 40% reduced ml reload time

4. Demented

Demented Member

Nuke tanks wouldn't be able to fire over their heat. =P
    Unless, maybe, they're bio tanks...

It would definitely make squads kickass if they focused on one of the more powerful auras, like tank tactics or vehicle cooling. Though, that'd really just make experienced, organized players more devastatingly powerful and add another (albeit small) level of complexity.

5. Empty

Empty Member

My greatest concern is the ammo, that means just being near an engineer can keep your rifle permanently filled, which is a little bit OP

6. Wilson

Wilson Member

As i said, these are just rough speculations, and some of these skills might have to be changed or removed. As for the missile reload part, i was refering to the reload betwen each "clip"(and nukes fire 6 missiles betwen each).

How does 4% increased damage and 3% healed every 10 sec(o,3hp/sec without health uppgrade) makes it a death squad?

It takes a while to refill and in a firefight you will easy run out of ammo faster then the aura refills. And you would have to stick to the engineer all the time (remember, it works over limited range). Since enginners can drop an ammo crate anyway (which fills up you ammo much faster and is more reliable).

By the way, i never meant that stacking would allow you to pick the same skill multiple times, i meant that multiple people would be able to have the same aura(but it would have slightly reduced effects).

7. communism

communism poof

They are great ideas but they are way, way, way overpowered. If you have a full squad where everyone knows what their doing it takes alot to take you down. If we had these upgrades we would be invincible

8. Cloud

Cloud Member

Well, it'd be fun, but perhaps a tad overpowered.

Scout squad running around with speed aura and speed upgrade, SWOOSH!

9. Wilson

Wilson Member

But then you can counter them by squading together yourself. Surely a squad of 5 ppl is supposed to win over smaller groups?

10. Wilson

Wilson Member

It would make the scout more useful:rolleyes:

11. Empty

Empty Member

If you're running through 37 rounds in ten seconds, you're doing something wrong.

12. Wilson

Wilson Member

As i said, some skills might have to be edited. Make it 30/27/25/23/22 sec instead?

13. Demented

Demented Member

It takes less than a second to reload OR to shoot a full magazine. If you're finding no reason to run through 37 rounds in ten seconds, you're probably facing the wrong direction.

Though, running next to an engineer from one ref point to another is sure to fill up your ammo reserve. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone, 'sides a Grenadier, who runs out of a full ammo stock before he runs out of health, so you're not going to run out of ammo on any map short of district so long as you're in range of that aura for a minute before any particular battle.

14. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Hmm...

15. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

it surely would, even more scunts running into my mines, or getting killed in open field :p

anyways, i think it all a bit too complicated with every class having at least 2 powers..

riflemen healing you? doesn makes sense for me, and the one with ammo restocking is kinda overpowered.

16. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Just make it so players only get commander commands if they're close to their SL or two teammates or more (so it's not too difficult).

17. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

I really like this idea. Might take a little effort to find the appropriate balance, but it would make squads more effective. Also, players who work together in a squad SHOULD be better than players acting individually (even if they are in equal numbers). This would not only encourage, but require that people work together in squads otherwise they'll be steamrolled by an enemy 'death squad'.

18. communism

communism poof

Woops
    For some reason I thought the squad healing upgrade was under engineers which was my biggest problem but now that I can actually read and see its under riflemen its not too bad.

19. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

Why don't you just take the aura stats that we have now, divide it by 4, 5, or by the number of people in the squad, then give each member of the squad the appropriate aura.

20. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

hell im happy with the auras we have now, granted its not powerful enough to make me want to stay hugging my squad lead but it does effect gameplay enough to make me when I have a choice of directions to choose the one with my squad lead. rifleman with accuracy upgrade and next to a rifleman squad lead is teh win. engineer group regen is pretty nice to when your defending an area behind broken bits of cover, need just enough health to survive that 1 random nade or mortar the regen can make it happen alot of the time. scout speed is allright i guess, but only for initial game rushing, not much beyond that. gren 10% dmg....meh, helps grens with 1 shot mowtar kills better but not much beyond that.

I'd rather keep my choices of where to go kept on strategic importance though.