Increase mortar damage against proned targets

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by communism, Jun 11, 2009.

1. communism

communism poof

This would be a nice way to keep the hmg/dig in/hp upgrade rifles in check
    I guess you could always use the realism argument somehow, somewhere too?

2. zenarion

zenarion Member

Realism works against you there buddy.
    But this suggestion is good. I like it.

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Grens and every other class in this game have none chance against a rifleman anymore. Seriously we played internally yesterday and nades are way better at doing what the mowtar does and they just point and click with rifles to kill people fast enough to be considered 1 hit kills. And then on top of that you got dig-in, stamina upgrade, health upgrade..

These guys are taking enough damage to kill them 3 times over and they have the best anti infantry weapons and if use correctly the best anti tank weapon. It was fine with grens being able to do battle with them because 9 times out of ten the rifleman would win. Now its NONE chance.

I bet a scout, a engineer and a gren all working together with any skills could not take out one rifleman. It's beyond ridiculous. We are just good players the mowtar was never OP. I played as a rev engy yesterday and got top score but it was not fun. Same thing as a rifle. I got top score but its not as fun as it use to be with the mowtar.

Go back to how it was! Let the mowtar kill a damn riflemen..

4. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

You can't complain dubee. A rifleman is after all the infantry king of the hill.

EDIT: I also agree though, mortar is terrible now. A bunch of kids couldn't play it so they complained and now it's total shithole. It's still possible to play with in, but a lot harder.

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

my point is he was the king and now hes the god

6. o_O

o_O Member

Actually I think this is a good idea, proning turns your roflrifles into death rays and makes you really really hard to kill.

Overall the rifleman changes are good though, they are a neccisary part of a team. Rifleman rock infantry so hard that you need some to counter them. It is frustrating to be unable to kill one as an engi or gren, but I think its better. Gren is still an all around solid class, but now he is less good at infantry killing as it should be (allthough they still fail at tank killing...)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  7. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

I don't really care since I never prone, but if you want to kill infantry it would be a better bet to do it with an anti-infantry class instead of anti everything (grenadier) or anti building (engineer) class.
    Prone keeps people in place so you could throw a concussion or even a broken smoke nade, but you should really ask your nearest rifleman to take care of the other rifleman, that's the only thing they're good at, killing infantry.

Or get a tank I guess, makes you immune to riflemen altogether.

8. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Rifleman shouldnt be the counter for riflemans cause that would make other classes obsolete, you need an engi but its only purpose would be to build.

9. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

then we should give defusal to another class since the only thing that can counter mines is gren defusal.

10. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

actually no attack and counter should be available for the same class

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

The gren isn't anymore anti everything then any other class. They need to make him do less damage to buildings and more to infantry and tanks.

Rifleman countering rifleman.. So why be anything else? They can kill tanks too. All you need to do is hold ground.. Your rifleman at start to get the ground lay walls and tanks can't pass and to pass they need to put themselfs in harms way. Only way tanks are really a counter to rifleman is if hes walking around lone wolf status around nothing.. That's not how this game works though. You get need to get the most land and hold it until nukes or whatever to win..

12. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

I'm having some trouble figuring out what you typed there, maybe it's grammar, maybe English just isn't your strong suit, either way I'm gonna respond to what I think it says.

Grenadier is anti all:
    infantry -> mines, mortar
    vehicles -> mines, rpg, mortar
    buildings -> mines, mortar (though mostly mortar and especially against turrets)

Now obviously if it is effective against everything it absolutely can't be the best at everything. That means being a master with the mortar and losing against a newbie rifleman proning with an hmg. So grenadiers need riflemen to help them deal with other riflemen.

Seriously?
    ...Seriously?
    A team with nothing but riflemen?
    .......Seriously?

13. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

You don't gotta be a dick head and insult my grammer or English just because we don't agree. They just made the mortar better at killing buildings which put him in that "being kind of good at everything" area. He use to be able to kill just infantry and tanks. Like I said in the other thread rifleman countering rifleman is like tanks only countering tanks. Who ever has the most of them wins.

Rifleman and engineers is all you need. Rifleman kill everyone with ease so engineers and rifleman rush all the refs kill everyone and then make bases and hold those spots till they have enough res to rush in with heavy nuke rail tank blimbs to win the game.

SERIOUSLY?! seriously why be any other class when you can take and hold ground with just rifles and engineers? I play with skilled people and clans all the time and this has been proven to be the best strat.. Grens are just as useful as scouts now. Your team only needs one and even then its only useful when the match is half way over.

I sure doo hope my phucked up engrish and grammer dussent make yur head thinker asplode

14. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Dubee you're awesome.

Incidentally, what happens when they bring a single APC or something? Wouldn't they kill everyone then?

15. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Do you mean what if the team that just got slaughtered by the rifleman brought an apc?

With rifleman around engineers don't need to drop MG turrets anymore so you place lots of ML's and then the rifleman just sticky the APC. Remember they buffed rifleman's armor so they can take more shots as they run in the open towards a tank to sticky it.

Plus most good engineers and commanders pretty much spam walls in a way that tanks can't get close enough to a rax or ref with out putting themselves in danger.

16. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

Sorry about that, it wasn't meant as vitriolic as it appears.

And the post about the apc is correct, but I'll do you one better.
    Just get light tanks or afv's with grens in the second slot out to the engy/rifleman teams possibly along with 1 or 2 apc's. Since the other side isn't using grens the tanks can destroy everything without competition while the apc's suppress the infantry, and riflemen can't charge apc's or tanks with an mg and expect to live or even get close enough to sticky. And if the other side sends tanks as well the grenadiers can easily help their own tanks dispatch them, plain armor and grens don't mix.
    And if the map is a chokepoint map the team with grens gets to have mines all over and drivers with defuse.

It's true that once armor is researched the gren becomes drastically weaker vs. vehicles, that's being looked at with the new research if the playtest is an indication, but a team with no grens will get destroyed by plain armor vehicles on any map and will lack mines and mortar support on chokepoint maps. Not to mention how good they are on infantry maps where they can spam instakill mines all over and are the only class immune to them.

Scouts are the only class you can do without and still win (except when you have a scout hiding and sabbing your stuff, you need another scout to find him).

17. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

A good team with engis and rifleman can force a tank to get
    close to the walls if the driver wants to kill the enemy squad.

If you want to make it that grens are only good against tanks
    you have to give the grenadier enought firepower to kill at least
    a light tank (with good armor) alone.

18. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

The tank has infantry support as well of course, inluding HE spamming riflemen and siesmic spamming engies that will take your rax down in a hurry if you can't kill them.

And you can stop about grens needing to better vs. vehicles. It's obvious to anyone that late game tanks eat grens for lunch since upgraded rpg doesn't get researched at all. Early game tanks though can be taken out if the gren uses cover, especially walls or even better, multiple grens.

Don't forget that regular rpg grens are free while a late game tank costs time and money to research and more money to build. And any way you put it, Empires is about getting the best tank as fast as possible in as great a number as possible, infantry are secondary. At least in the classic open maps.

19. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

A plain afv can kill multiple grens without any problem.

20. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Stop .. Overstate all the bloody time.