In game mic

Discussion in 'Support' started by Fallen-Hero, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Member

Now im sure this has nothing to do with empires it's self but My in game Mic is soo low people can barely hear me. now I got updated software I got a new mic i got outbounds up boost on, now my Ventrillo works fine people hear me ok but not in any steam game and want to ask dose any one have any clue or idea to why?

2. thaile

thaile Member

Maybe a stupid question, but have you increase the voice tranmit volume on the in game option menu?

3. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Member

yup done that too

4. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

+20 DB mic boost?

5. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Member

yup that too

6. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Cranked the transmit volume up in the empires options? How did you get your mic to sound OK on vent, did you have to bump the transmit gain up there?

7. REX

REX Member

I seem to have the same problem when testing mic in options I have to put if up against my mouth and almost yell to even get a reaction. I turned up everything on mic, all I managed to get was this strange constant buzzing even when it was not plugged in and still no result.

I am using a gigabyte motherboard using the onboard realtek HD sound thing. It used to work fine on my old setup as far as I can remember.

8. Muobman

Muobman Member

I've never had this problem... Is your computers microphone volume high enough, try increasing it.

9. REX

REX Member

lol by everything I mean everything and I think he have tried the same. Not that I care much as I never use mic ingame.

10. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I've got that Realtek HD thing aswell but oddly enough it was my microphone that was causing a problem :| When I got a new mic all my problems were gone. (Not saying this might fix your prob :p)

11. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Member

i have done every thing on my computer and in game options to believe that it is a steam issue

12. Muobman

Muobman Member

I dont think it's steam, my mic works just fine in Steam, and it's a cheap £10 one so if any should have a problem, surely mine should:confused: Maybe Steam just hates the particular model of the microphones you've bought? Or maybe it's just bad luck :(

13. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Member

well i got about a $50 had a 30 ish one idk maybe a reinstall of steam will work

14. Megor

Megor Member

I found an interesting problem with HL2

I have a mic/headset and a mic/webcam

the headset is plugged into my soundcard but the webcam is a USB port.

When the USB is plugged in HL2 uses the webcams mic, even when I mess with all the settings it still registers first on the webcam, which causes echos like no other, and more problems.

I unplug the camera whenever I play and it refers back to my headset.

This is interesting info, that HL2 likes USB mics more than plug mics.
    If you have the same thing, webcam w/mic I suggest unplugging it, worked for me.

15. Caelo

Caelo Member

I'm guessing HL uses the default mic, like it does with all other hardware..
    Meaning that your webcam is default in Windows and when it's not connected it will jump to your headsets one..

You can test this yourself, though, by changing default mic in your sounds thing in Windows..

16. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Solution is to do to your control panel in windows, go to the sound menu and select the default recording device.

17. Caelo

Caelo Member

..... :/