Improvements.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Kitsun, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Kitsun

Kitsun Member

Ways to improve the game.

1. Automatically set the spawn point for a new map (why do I have to choose when there is only one?)

2. Update player positions (especially Commander) on the minimap more often.

3. Better voice integration, show co-ordinates and squad on the name on the voice chat display, and light up the player on the minimap

4. Make the toggleable map full-screen and add extra info such as playername, and allow user to do stuff such as set waypoints for squad.

5. fix the amount of time it takes to bring out the default SMG for the Nothern Engineer, its way to long for quickly using it to defend myself while building (compared to broendi one)

6. make the "kick commander" feature much more user friendly and apparent

7. Make a message appear on a players screen when the commander is trying to build something on their position

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  2. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

1. Automatically set the spawn point for a new map (why do I have to choose when there is only one?)

I fully agree, this is something that has been asked for before.

2. Update player positions (especially Commander) on the minimap more often.

This is a server variable, contact the server administrator to change it

3. Better voice integration, show co-ordinates and squad on the name on the voice chat display, and light up the player on the minimap

I think that this would help quite a bit

4. Make the toggleable map full-screen and add extra info such as playername, and allow user to do stuff such as set waypoints for squad.

There is a large map, hit enter. I do agree that the map could show more info and be more useful (imagine being able to make a square on the map and adding a comment about how that square needs to be defended?)

3. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

All good suggestions, but a few already exist:

Nr.2 is controlled by server variables. They aren't updated frequently to save some bandwidth.

Nr.4 is partly doable by pressing the "m" key (by default).

4. Kitsun

Kitsun Member

Added "Make a message appear on a players screen when the commander is trying to build something on their position"

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Ooh genious idea :o

6. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

I... I think I'm in love.

7. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

I strongly agree with this one. It's the reason I started using SMG2 in the RC testing, though I don't use SMG2 anymore, due to how it was nerfed.

8. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

wow, a new player with suggestions other that revamping the whole game.

im with superlagg... have my babies please

9. KILLX

KILLX Banned

an FYI to lobster, if you press M you can get a large map without those pesky spawn points.

10. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

wait, what? are you talkin' 'bout that punk steppin' in on my turf? I threatened him with caps typing in-game, it only made him more skillzored.

Also, for the most part I agree with these ideas. I assume that the 'set waypoints' thing only applies to the squad leader. This would be a nice feature if that is the case.

As for the build thing, right now buildings make an audible boom when they drop nearby, which FOR ME is enough but I can see more being done. The trade off is more messages and info cluttering the screen. I would say the solution lies in not having more info being automatically fed to the infantry, but to have some sort of easier user interface for the commander to easily command units to build it. idk, i dont command.

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

it's enough for me too. I think it's one of those suggestions that comes from lack of experience than neccessity to improve the game. No offense intended at all, we were all new once and it can be confusing but once you get right into the game you'll be regretting it got added.

12. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

but it could also be that the sugestion would improve the game, but learning to cope without it has made some of us adapt.

13. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Wow decent suggestions someone get this guy a waffle.

14. nhammen

nhammen Member

Ummm.... his suggestion isnt a message saying that he wants you to build a building. His suggestion is a message saying will you move out of the way so the commander can place a building for you to build. I for one cannot count the amount of times some idiot has stood right where I want to place the vf while asking for a vf.

15. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

or humped the steaming rock while asking for a ref