Improve spam pistol damage.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Roflcopter Rego, May 21, 2009.

1. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

Here's a simple one, improve the damage of the machine pistol. Killing one person at point blank with 1 clip is somewhat of an achievement. I realise that the shotty has been hit with the nerf hammer, but you can kill people at close range 100% in less than a second, getting a 2 kills with 1 clip is pretty easy. Getting 2 with the machine pistol is really a major event. It shouldn't be made more accurate or anything, it's close range after all, but please up the damage because it's just silly. Playing maps like district really brings out the imbalance.

2. Sonecha

Sonecha Member

Well, I actually doubt that you can kill two rifleman without reloading the shotty anymore. Even if I dislike the indirect nerf of buckshoot I still think it's good for balance, same with the BE pistol 2, even if it perhaps was a little too nerfed. I haven't really tried it out yet, but in the last version it was as op as the shotty.

3. Faunze

Faunze Member

I've snuck up on quite alot of riflemen in the past week and put a blast into the back of their heads with 1 shot kill results, so you can if you're lucky.

4. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

But you don't know how much health they had before you blapped them

5. Demented

Demented Member

The BE machine pistol's alright for damage, it just has terrible accuracy, which still seems alright to some extent. It's less useful than an smg1, certainly, but it is useful, unlike the pistol1.
    If it were boosted, only the grenadier would care. And whoever's fighting him, but if you want grens to be an easy kill, nuts to you!

6. Wertbarg

Wertbarg Member

I usually end up using my pistol in insane close quarters combat, because I cannot afford the time it takes to reload my assault rifle, so I end up covering my retreat with a hail of machine pistol ammo to discourage following. I would like a tiny improvement on it. The shot pistol is much better for surprise attacks compared to the machine pistol, because all the shots land in one blow, giving the shot pistol both an advantage in stealth and reflex attacks. (reflex being when the two pistols meet while running around the corner)

7. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Pistols are not meant for 1-hit kills, hence I hit both secondary pistols with the nerf hammer

8. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

The only pistol getting a one-hit kill is the shotgun;albeit it IS eight shells xD

Also, no matter what, a FULL CLIP of ANY GUN should kill ANY THING.

9. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I creamed a grenadier and a rifleman with one clip of the machine pistol on emp_arid and they both had full health. People need to learn to use the damn thing

10. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

What? Aim? NOOO :mad:

11. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Both pistol2 are good and usefull.
    The brenodi one, hits people without aiming, its perfect to finish people if you panic ^^
    The shotty can kill people with one hit but you need to aim perfectly for it.

12. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Some time has passed after the last post of this thread.

My experience is that the NF Shot Pistol is overpowered. It's often a 1-hit kill weapon. But I can't remember to be shot by BE Pistol 2.

So here my balancing suggestion:

NF Shot pistol:
    - Bullets reduced from 14 to 10
    - Damage stays at 10

BE Pistol 2:
    - Damage increase from 12 to 16

PS: Do both pistol head shots? And what is the damage multiplier for head shots?

13. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I was actually going to have the MP be more or less the same as my SMG2 balance except it would have a smaller clip, should be easy enough to balance for killing two people max per clip.

More than anything it needs accuracy so it can reliably hit in the same sort of way a shotty pistol can, then you can just play with the falloff.

1 hit/near instant kill is fine if it's at point blank, because the solution is to not let enemies get that close, in fact it's mandatory for guns like the shotty pistol which have a downtime between shots.

14. Sonecha

Sonecha Member

Your suggestion would just make the buckshot pistol worthless in comparision to the MG pistol.
    MG pistol = total of 400 dmg
    Buckshot pistol = total of 200 damage

And add to that the buckshot pistol's twice as long reload time.

And yes, multiplier is 2.

15. SnowDrakE

SnowDrakE Member

How do you successfully use the autopistol? At some point I gave up on using it close ranged and just tried to squeeze off single shots because of the accuracy.

16. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

But you need 0.5 seconds to make the total damage with NF Shot pistol.
    For the BE Pistol 2 you need 1.6 seconds.

Damage after 0.5 seconds with the current values:
    NF Shot pistol: 280
    BE Pistol 2: 90

Damage after 0.5 seconds with new values:
    NF Shot pistol: 200
    BE Pistol 2: 120

The NF Shot pistol would be still very powerful for the moment of surprise. BE Pistol 2 has still less damage but you have more chance to kill a moving target.

The best way to find the balance would be in a playtest. If the headshot multiplier could be reduced for these random hit weapons, then this also would be an option.

17. KamakazieWatermelon

KamakazieWatermelon Banned

Just up the machine pistol Dmg 1. or 2. leave the shotty alone. its really only good for sneak atacks, or anything up to 10 meters. It is fun to use though. ask scardy bob. Last weeekend i killed him with shotty when he was using rifle.

18. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i lol'd - "how to aim?" :rolleyes:

/me hands KamakazieWatermelon the "i killed scardy bob"-medal ^^

you deserve it ;)

19. SnowDrakE

SnowDrakE Member

Seriously, the autopistol feels like 90% of the shots don't hit, which kinda defeats the purpose of using it in automatic bursts, which it is actually designed for.

If I have to go almost into melee range to hit with it properly, I can already melee, which does more damage and defeats the whole purpose of the weapon.

20. Demented

Demented Member

Pistol2 is better than melee. Less buggy, kills faster, and reaches up to a foot further!

It can also finish off wounded people from short distances.