Imperial Tank Desert Camo

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Klifsnider, May 12, 2008.

1. Klifsnider

Klifsnider Member

Well, released a skin for the Imperial tank on fpsbanana...
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/43829
    If you're a member there, please post feedback and give assets! If you're not a member, become one.
    And sorry that i put this under the "Mapping" thread but it was the closest i could find =)

Preview:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  2. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Small problem: its not camo, its a skin (Empires uses real camo for Brenodi skins, where some aspects change map specific). This will take effect ON ALL MAPS. This will probably look pretty lame on grassy and city maps.

Good job though, looks nice.

3. Klifsnider

Klifsnider Member

Its ok in urban maps, but pretty ugly on grassy maps :) its up to the mappers to use the skin in the right maps, but you can just use this all the time because, really, A blue tank in the desert doesn't look too nice either does it? =)

4. KILLX

KILLX Banned

It's not up to the mappers. Infantry camo has map settings, vehicle camo does not (unless it just doesn't seem to be since no official vehicle camo is released).

5. Klifsnider

Klifsnider Member

Huh thats weird i see no way to change vehicle camo in random maps. Unless you used überhacksextremescripting ^^

6. arklansman

arklansman Member

Imma bug Mootant and Reef about finishing camo support. :>

7. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I'm assuming you mean infantry camo. It's an entity in the map IIRC that the mapper sets a value specific to the camo type if they want a camo set to be used.

8. Klifsnider

Klifsnider Member

I'm sorry Arklansman, didnt understand a word?
    KillX its still not clear to me :D please explain everything... Ok, they use that entity to set the camo for infantry. Then why change it for the tanks? And what system do they use for tanks then? Also, whats the entity called? You never know i might map for empires mod someday :)

9. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Don't ask me. I just know the basics. I don't map. Being a tester has its perks. As for the tanks, to my knowledge, it was never implemented, because no camo was ever made. Infantry has it because Bodrick gave it a crack and convinced Krenzo to add the code support.

Arklansman means he's going to go politely harass some coders into adding full support for camo.

10. Klifsnider

Klifsnider Member

Then please politely ask them to use my skin since it'd be so stupid to make a new one and it would make me famous :D

11. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

There are some incomplete camo skins for some of the tanks (notably the AFV) but they look shit to be honest and they don't work properly anyway.

12. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Only infantry camo is tied to the setting in emp_info_params.