I'd like to see a map a lot like vehicle training

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Inside, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Inside

Inside Member

Except that the point of the game isn't to capture flags, but to kill the other team -- with tanks. Give an infinite amount of resources, a non-destructible VF (or several, to be safe against griefers), and make it unappealing to go on foot by making the entire map outside the main bases damage players when not in a vehicle, no build brushes everywhere and so on. Nothing but tank on tank carnage in the center of the map. One of the existing maps can be converted (I'm thinking something like caldera) -- place the vfs up on top so that there is no other way to go but down.

I think that a) this map will be fun -- the heart of empires is tank on tank combat; and b) some players don't get any experience with tanks because they spend the entire time as scout or building up walls around the comm -- they should maybe take a spin in a tank once in a while to see what fun it can be.

2. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

Tank maps are always fun.

Btw, if anyone still plays BF1942 (here or at all) find a midway only server and jump in a destroyer. I used to spend hours sailing the sea pwning other ships. Tank combat always reminds me of it.

3. Empty

Empty Member

You're so wrong.

Empires inherent imbalances: Nukes and Railheavies will ruin every match where both teams have full research and infinite res.

Not to mention NF having failmeds and failheavies.

4. Inside

Inside Member

The funny thing about vehicle training is that from the few times that I've played it, I've had almost as many BE losses as I had NF losses... and yes, I somehow managed to pick the losing team each time =p

5. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

no nuke or rails

6. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

congrats, now NF usually wins because 2uml/2guided is fucking godly, even against BE medium tanks

7. Inside

Inside Member

NF can win if they work together and know wtf they're doing... A couple of nukes to overheat clusters of BE tanks and then the rest work at rocket sniping them.

Anyway, any nice, smart, wonderful, and handsome empires players/mappers wanting to take up such a map :)?

8. Omneh

Omneh Member

Remember 2.2 is coming very, very soon.

All these nasty little imbalances are fixed.

I would love to make a map with a volcanic theme along the lines of vehicletraining... :D

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

dont ask how i stumbled across this thread, but even if i get infractions, ill push it for the hilarious statement of omneh ...

i just have to quote it ...
    really sorry, i couldnt resist, i tried (for a second)

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

hahahahhahaa so worth the necro.

11. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I like that he wrote it without the slightest bit of irony.