I want the ladders to work

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by The Buttery Lobster, May 14, 2006.

1. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Specifically, the ladders in the NF repair facility, and the ladders on the back of the NF artillery tank. Why? Because it would be cool, damnit.

Well, maybe not the arty ladder, but DEFINENTLY (typo) the ladder in the repair bay. That could actually make a decent vantage point. (And if there were windows and ladders in the NF Barracks? Too cool.

EDIT:

NOW, more then EVER, I want the ladders in the NEW map to work, too. It's way too linear.

Last edited: May 14, 2006
  2. palehorse864

palehorse864 Member

The NF ladder should function.

I also believe that the arty ladder should function if at all possible but I can imagine the difficulty involved.

Imagine though if you could hang onto the back of the artie and just hop off when you pleased. Unfortunately, this would probably be excessively difficult to work in the source engine but let's hope that it isn't.

3. Kanis

Kanis Member

Ladder's working

I agree that the Ladders should work.

It would make defending a base easier, ( unless a sneakey engineer gets up on your building and dismantels it )

and on Vehicles ..... well you see all the old war footage, soldiers are always hitching a ride on whatever part of a vehical they can grab on to, so I agree with that too.

Anyone know how difficult the codeing would be for that ?

Kanis

4. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

A little off topic here but I wish someone would create a proper ladder system rather than the over a decade old "levitation" thing you see in HL games =/

5. Comrade Regulus

Comrade Regulus Member

If the NF Barracks had a second floor, it would actually make sense for them to be the towering skyscraper they currently are. I'd like that.

6. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

Personally, I love being able to climb all over shit. I think it'd add a new level to base raiding. Throw in some open windows and portholes and wham, you've got an equation for fun. >;D

7. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

I believe it's a mapping/engine problem that prevents us from spawning functionable ladders.

I could be wrong though.

8. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Add on to the list of ladder requests the new map. There are freaking ladders EVERYWHERE and you can't climb ANY of them. The level should really have some rooftops involved.

9. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

I would love an option in the engineer's toolbox to build a ladder, and then increase the defensive properties of the wall, i.e somewhere to duck, and make the walls stronger.

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

making ladders to vehicles shoud not be so hard, only

if u woud sit on a levitation ladder as dee calls them and the tank woud turn, it woud mess the ladder up

ladders only work when they are turned in 90° blocks so if a tank will face north it woud work

but as soon as it turns 30° to the left you woud not be able to get on it (and off) and coud have a great chance on getting crushed

so...

11. Jn.

Jn. Member

Ladders, mmmmmmmmm. Is it just me, or is it hard for anyone else to go down ladders? On crossroads, on one of the ladders in the middle area, I try to start from the very top looking down, and I always fall :) and I try jumping forward on to it from a ledge, but I just fall :D Oh well, minor complaints. I do hope that they put more functional ladders in to the maps, especially district. I think it would also be cool to ride a ladder on a tank like a garbage man :P

12. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Another problem with the decade old design :P

13. Jn.

Jn. Member

The half life ladders are much better though :) I can actually get down them. I think it has to do with the handles on the ladders in half life 2.