I need some man power over here!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by moab, Jun 11, 2006.

1. moab

moab Member

NPC's!

sorry if it's been suggested before but still. this would be great for this game. you could have AI soldiers and you can recruit them under your leader ship.

you go to the barracks and just like a vhical, you order infentry. you can get pretty much everything. you can customize him they way you want to.

have you ever played "ant lion trooper douse" ? its a mod that alows you to play as combine and you can recruite plays to help you defend your fortress. set the controles up like that.

deppending on the class you buy, the prices will range.

they can even get inside vheicals with you and help you clear some buildings and what not. they arn't really apart of a squade but more of a personal body gaurd you could say. if the player dies, the npc runs back to the nearest barracks to wait for a new commander, or stays at his spot and waits for a person to pick him up.

what do you think? somthing worth testing i think.

2. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I think this should only be limited to some "Repair Droids" that help you build stuff... naturaly slower then the calculator.

Could help in some slow games...

3. moab

moab Member

makes sence to me. like treat the real players as officers and the npc's as grunts. not as good as a player but good enough to be a threat in numbers and of big help as well.

like if a building is damaged or needs some fixing than the npc could dash over and do what he can to repair it some. he could also be a medic. not a good one but a medic none the less.

4. Comrade Regulus

Comrade Regulus Member

If this won't effect lag, it should be in. I suggest making the npc commander-controlled exclusively so it's kinda like having your own Peons/peasents/workers in other RTS games.

But, now that I think about it, that would kinda make the Engineer less useful later on in the game. But he's plenty useful anyway, plus, if it was defenseless the engineer would still be the builder of choice on the frontlines.

5. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

They still build slower, so possibly 2 droids are just as fast as 1 engineer...

Could have almost no HP as not to be used as "ROFLOMGHAX Droids"

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

7. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Yes we all know :p I borrowed some of my rationale from that thread

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

:D ok lol

it was kind of funny first i thougt i had a deja vu