i need an evac now!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by moab, Jun 11, 2006.

1. moab

moab Member

well, i was thinking of choppers to also play a role in the game as well. but the chopper i had in mind would be more for ground support than anything else.

it would carry up to 6 other men and have a chain gun on it to deffend itself. the 6 men can fire from it no problem.

also, you could drop crates from the hellicopter as well. like a large ammo crate that even vheicals you get supplies from. all they need to do is just sit right next to it and it instently replunishes your ammo. also it could drop health crats once in a while as well.

it should have respectible amount of armor for a helicopter. so it doesnt go down in 2 or 3 shots and you instently get killed while on a mercy mission.

maybe evacuating the hellicopter you could get a parashoot. is that too much maybe? well what do you all think?

2. Comrade Regulus

Comrade Regulus Member

*Ahem* (Signature)

But seriousely, I think helicopters as tank-busters are a good Idea.

Armor and Ammo Helicopters, however, would probably make the APC less useful. That spawn is still pretty nice though.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2006
  3. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

4. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

I don't give TWO SHITS what kind of aircraft there are. ALL I WANT are two things: One: the ability to do damage to the objects i hit when I fall from a great distance, and two: the ability, however small, to control the direction of my freefall. With these two powers combined, the game's awesomeness will increase a thousandfold. I will have endless fun, as will many many other people, attempting to suicide divebomb my enemies. It'll be more fun than playing the dukes of hazard in a jeep! God, I can TASTE the hilarious action.

5. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

The Gunship is already going to fill this role as an extremly heavy flying fortress, but having it act as an APC wouldn't be good, but haveing it require a crew(Driver, Navigator, Gunner 1, Gunner 2, Missile Master.) woulld be pretty good. But Supply Drops would be a good addition to the Dropship. And Bailing would be good if they were taking heavy fire and wanted to keep their lives for a little while longer.

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

maybe have a little chopper version of it?

diffrences:
    smaller, bit cheaper (counting as $$ spend per unit transportable a bit around 800 to 1200 credits) no tankstransport, no guns on it (besides firing passangers) quite weak (2 armor in front, 1 sides and back = max) weight limit on unecuipped 200/400
    max 6 passangers (in a seat) +1 driver (or 5 pass + 1 driver, 4 passangers in the back, then 1 in cockpit and driver besides him)

so if the big plane http://www.empiresmod.com/media/smalltransport.jpg (i wonder why it is called "small" transport) woud be the apc of the sky

this woud be the jeep of the sky, and add some cool vietnam like chopper dropping

7. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

OMFG I just got a leaked vid from this feature in action! Link

You can obviously see that it is a Brenodi Suicide Officer.

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

no actually it is a video of my jeep landing with fase engine
    i hit a ramp at to mutch speed

9. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

oh, ok i thougt they were making another bigger transport too

that woud be crap as i think this transport is a bit to bigg allready

11. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Actually, hehehe, Ive made a new transport.

12. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

Specifications? Pictures? Info? Please?

13. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

"quotes"

please?

14. Tarantio

Tarantio Member

"And Bailing would be good if they were taking heavy fire and wanted to keep their lives for a little while longer."

I think people forget that no vehicles explode after just "A few shots"
    Why would they ever even make a vehicle that did that? For Guy Fawkes night? I doubt it :P

And bailing is meant to be as an emergency measure. People dont just fly off towards Anti-Aircraft guns with the plans of rushing the enemy base in the hope that if it fails they can all jump out with parachatues. (Yayy) . In real life, people actually work towards preserving their lives.. weirdly!

15. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

then why dous war exist?

and bungeejumping? basejumping? love? self molestation? drugs? parasailing? kaiting? christiantiy? suicidal terrorist bombings?

explane yourself on that

bailing shoud be inplemented, but with a "duration to take effect"

like i posted here
    http://empires.cw-hosting.net/showpost.php?p=9454&postcount=45