I know similar ideas have come up before...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Niarbeht, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

The idea to have jeeps with mannable MG turrets has come up in the past.

However, I have recently thought of a way to make it work a tad more fairly.

Stick them under mechanical engineering.

As such, you could get to them via research relatively quickly and cheaply, and you wouldn't have people driving around in KILLAR DETH JEEPZ! with HEMG and DU and medium chainguns right away.

2. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

turrets on jeeps are like gates on walls: it's a great idea, and it would be cool as hell if it were implemented, but it's low priority. By this I mean that there is a simpler solution then turrets or weapons on jeeps that is part of the bug list, too.

There's really no reason to put a weapon on the jeep if you can just shoot your own weapons, but right now, the only reason a turret is needed is because you can't do this. Instead of doing all the extra work, I say just make the second position on ALL vehicles, jeep included, bug free, so that you can fire out of that spot (RPG and mortar included-- no blowing up in your face). Right now, you can't fire out of jeeps at all, and you can't fire out of the turret seat without risking some sort of injury.

After this bug is addressed, then turrets on jeeps would be a great idea.

Although I would much rather have a regular level 1 mg turret on the back, not a manned turret. This seems simpler to code, and like I said, why put a manned turret on it when you can just lean out and do the shooting yourself? An automated turret would be very cool, and probably not too overpowered either, because the slow-tracking turrets would be incredibly nerfed in the back of a super-fast jeep.

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I agree with everything you said, except this part. A scout, engy or gren in a jeep will obviously benefit from a heavy manned machine gun in the back of the jeep, and the point is you need an extra person in the jeep to man it while you drive, if it's an unmanned turret it gets closer to be an APC instead of a jeep.

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i heard there were plans, low priority obviously, but at least plans to within the dev team to get purchased (at the vehicle factory when you make the tank) guns for the sides of NF heavies and the tops of smaller vehicles like the BE med tank

5. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

To everyone that doesn't get what he means, he means like these on tanks:

Passenger mountable machine gunnery

[​IMG]

Port cannons like on the Mark IV "Big Willy" tanks

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  6. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Those things are cool.

And I believe a teamwork tank (tank with, say, a two-slot MG on back that requires someone other than the driver to use) would be freaking awesome.

And I understand that it'd be low priority. That's why I'm making sure it's one of those nagging little things at the back of the dev team's mind with posts like this.

7. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Err, crap, I meant teamwork jeep.

Curse me.

And sure they'll switch slots around. But you're kinda a sitting duck in the gunner's seat, aren't you? That ruins the idea of being a jeep, y'know, mobility?