i hope this gets fixed

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ShadowSlayer56, Nov 2, 2006.

1. ShadowSlayer56

ShadowSlayer56 Member

how aobut when you run some one over with a truck or tank or something like that you get killed because you just go right threw the truck/tank if ran over and its starting to bug me

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

it caused lag and people would just go around running over teammates. yet another idea shot down many a time

3. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I wouldn't say "shot down."

It's a good idea that needs to come back in, someday, when a fix can be found or made (bug Valve!). In the meanwhile...

Live with it!

4. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Now a vehicle fix I would like to see is shooting a rocket from a jeep blowing it up. Every other class can use there primary weapon in the passenger seat.:rolleyes:

5. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I often abuse this with the CV, when rushing foward loactions...
    making the person get stuck in the CV, then popping out and killing the stuck person who is busy typing "WTF" or think that they can dismantel the entire CV before they get killed...

I would like some sort of a fix for this...

I also get stuck in veichles alot myself; wether when trying to repair a tank thats engaged in combat, or jumping out of a tank before it compleatly stops...

6. arklansman

arklansman Member

This is probably one reason empires isnt as popular as it should be.

I can just imagine some emp_recruit running someone over in the tank with no gun and saying

hmmm...

7. ShadowSlayer56

ShadowSlayer56 Member

ummmm ya when people start TKing you kick or ban them very useful and besides it would show more realism in the game

8. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Well, it's only a temporary fix. I'm pretty sure it'll get adressed by Krenzo at some point.

9. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

You missed the "lag" part.

The lag part is very important.

Did I mention the lag part?

It was bad. Trust me. The Source engine wasn't, I don't think, meant to have people be run over in multiplayer games. As such, the problem probably isn't with the mod, but with the engine.

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

It will be fixed, niarbeht. there are loads of ways to code to the same solution.

plus, FF can be changed so that your own teammates still go through the vehicle/ get pushed to one side and prone, and stuff.

----------
    One thing we could sacrifice is the ability of corpses to remain on the windshield.
    ----------
    on the other hand, people not constantly running you over is fun in many ways. it feels much much more realistic IMO. no-body ever just ettempts to run down the enemy irl.

11. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

People used to get damaged when hit, but they still got inside the vehicles... And the lag was horrible. God awful.

But something like instakilling the enemy fellow when he goes inside the vehicle would be nice. Like Sandbag suggested the friendlies would still stay alive.

12. supaste

supaste Member

and aircrafts wernt ment for the source engine ether but their comming on nicley! its called a mod because its all about changing things! im sure it could be done without much lag its just it may take time.

13. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I have yet to test aircraft out in here, so I'm going to reserve judgement.

I sense a lagfest for me on the release day of 1.1 :-P

Followed by me complaining on the forums a lot, followed by everyone else telling me to shut up and get a real connection.

14. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

I dont like this idea.. people would spend less time shooting, and more time running over the enemy. the game would turn into bf2...

15. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Airquake had aircraft in 1997 and there weren't any lag problems. :D

16. ShadowSlayer56

ShadowSlayer56 Member

if you are in a tank then no your not really going to spend time running people over because you have a massive hulking gun on it but for the jeeps then yes i can under stand because you can kill with a jeep unless you have a passenger and also I have played in a hl2 DM server on a map that had vehicles and I ran over tons of people and it lagged just a bit so I’m purity sure that this mod can fix it and make it not lag as much.

17. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Without proper knowledge of how source calculates the killing speed of an object... we cant really come up with the solution now can we? :p Unless we code for source...

Think the killing people when hitting them at 100 Mph should be implemnted back in...

18. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

Has the "Z" in your sig pic always been there? Am I blind?

bot, running pple over whould be usefull for the jeep and lt.

19. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Yes the "Z" has always been there... The problem that stands is that people will buy jeeps to run over infantry only...

But maybe that will incourage infatry to be more sneaky and to use cover...

err... Which the current maps have a lack of... O.o

Actualy nevermind... most DO have spots that are infantry sweet spots...

20. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

Butthey are few and far between, we need an emp_trenches.

Anyway, vehicles are overpowered vs inf already. But once we get reasurches for inf i'm all for it.