I haven't had a single enjoyable game for days now.

Discussion in 'General' started by Inside, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Inside

Inside Member

Been playing on the ghost server recently and even though the server is full and the teams are filled, it seems like there's only 3-4 people on any team actually doing anything. I can't explain it, but I haven't had a fun game at all lately, I'm seriously starting to contemplate about moving on to a different game.

2. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

It's all the noobs :*(

3. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

I have actually been awed by the level of noobness the last couple of days

edit: its actually been quiet lame, I've played lotsa games where I am the only person on the server that knows how to command at all and its just steamroll games. also played games where I was commanding and literally built EVERY structure our team had. very /wrists moments. It was allright though cause the enemy team sucked to much to walk out of their base and take over any section of land.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  4. Inside

Inside Member

It's not like I'm the kind of person who onle gets satisfaction out of winning either. I've had very many games prior to the new rush of people where my team had lost, but I still had a lot of fun. There are lots of 0-0 ticket stalemates where the team desperately sticks together, builds stuff, revives each other, but in the end gets steam rolled anyway -- but it was fun since there was team work there.

There is nothing like that at the present.

5. Inceptor

Inceptor Member

We need to make a 1337sauce clan

6. Inside

Inside Member

Someone should convert one of their servers (KM, maybe? :o) to a password protected server for veterans. The password can be stickied here, on the forums. The problem would be getting enough vets on at the same time night after night though..

7. recon

recon SM Support Dev

I know how you feel. I was going to start playing another game at one point, but there just aren't any other games that match up to Empires.

Seriously though, lots of newbs lately. Seems like they don't even bother to read the manual. Really annoying.

8. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

hit up some vets to play the game at the same time.... there's usually someone in the jpl steam chatroom, ready to play.... maybe CW... or MAD?

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I feel the need for a pug coming on..

10. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

You mean spec stack night?

11. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Does that mean my awesome rifleman skills that appeard from nowhere are...
    crap...

12. petemyster

petemyster Member

13. Silk

Silk Mapper

He has a point. About 70% of the vet's on the ghost server is spectating during most games :)

I'm not even against it, cause the specs seem to be getting along very nicely ... all day partying and having fun. Way more pleasant than the endless arguments from years ago.

I don't think it's a problem either. If they wouldn't be spectating, they would be playing some oher game, so in the end it doesn't really matter.

And actually ... i have had no problem with insanely dumb teams, not more than used to be case anyway. It's quite fun owning people, and being part of a very small, select group of people who everything depends on cause the rest tries but fails half the time ^^

14. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

ill schedule a no noob night on the ghost server for this sunday at 730pm UK time ;) if your in the no noob night steam group youll get a reminder about it sometime i think ;)

15. Empty

Empty Member

I don't mind chilling in spectator with the vets, there's usually some decent conversation, and it lets the to-be-vets get some practice without use ruining the game by winning or unintentionally skillstacking.

That said, LET'S GET SOME VET ACTION ON

16. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

The recent influx of noobs is surely because of Empires recently being added to the steam mod store. I think at this pooint it is important that more people take the time to train some noobs when they are playing, to make sure they stay with the game until they are no longer noobs, then we can have even better games with an increased number of people who know how to play. Some people are happy to shout at noobs, but Ive seen a few people on Ghost (Brutos especially) taking the time to help these guys out and give them advice.

17. Omneh

Omneh Member

The problem is, that there are some people on the Ghost server who go out of their way to have a go at, and generally put off the newbies...

... stacking spectator is fun, but we really need to get in the game and turn these clueless new players into happy, productive, experienced and useful members of Empires.

Its odd really... there really is no medium skill level in Empires... your either an utter noob, or an "omgwtfpwned" veteran player who eat the aforesaid noobs for lunch. Maybe.

18. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

There are too many elements that are not fun. For instance someone killing you with 3x std mg from his APC that is 500m away.

19. Empty

Empty Member

Vets take an oath not to do so unless in a vets only match?

20. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

THEN STOP SPECTATING!
    -.-

''My team sux.. whine whine''
    Look at the spectators next time. I was in a match where a guy whined bout it and we had like 10 vets in spec. :)