HX MG vs Reflective

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Riot, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Riot

Riot Member

Ok..so this came up yesterday in a round where I was comming. We had reflective at start and shortly after the enemy got Hi explosive machine guns. It literally TORE through our reflective like paper standard armour, no matter what angle you got shot at. I couldnt believe our tanks/apcs were so shit I had to get out and try an apc myself. We got anihalated by them. Is this a bug that Hi X does so much damage against reflective? I was watching apc health bars dropping by almost 1/5 per shot from HX MG :s needless to say I was fairly pissed at this :p Not one member of my team could do much against them, so it wasnt just nooby driving...

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

This is the major downside to reflective, machine guns are not affected by the angle modifier, reflective's strong point is its angle modifier that can reduce cannon and missile damage upto 50%. On a side note, machine guns are not affected by speed modifier either, keeping that in mind makes composite and reactive the best armors vs HE mg and DU MG as they have high hp and a damage modifier which reduces damage regardless of weapon type.

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Wouldn't it make more sense to have MGs be strongly affected by speed modifiers as they are the fastest weapons in the game?

4. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

But they are a much smaller round,
    Kevlar is great for stopping small arms fire, but you can easily stick a needle threw it. I assume it would be the same with Empires tank armour. However, HXMG does is an explosive instead of a penetrative, I would think it should be affected by reflective.

5. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Which makes it even more sensible to have them be defeated by absorbant.

Less force total and extremely high speed.

6. Demented

Demented Member

Interesting.
    *goes to revise calculations*

7. Empty

Empty Member

I think absorbant works no matter the size of the projectile, I thought absorbant just slowed the shells, but they still exploded, causing explosive damage, rather than kinetic, if that's the case, then DU MGs would fail mightily against absorbant, but HE would still do pretty decently.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008