HUD concept

Discussion in 'Art' started by blizzerd, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

I did not know that... woooowww
    You can do that? How?
    Considering I've never been killed with the 'm' map popped up (even while in combat) I find your argument invalid. As for the less orientation thing, well, Its got a compass!
    Agreed, it is nearly impossible to get a decent understand of the local conditions and (noted above) I don't know how to zoom it in
    The beautiful clutter! ARRRRRRGHHH!!!

I think the stance thing takes up space and isn't useful. Same with the guns
    Definitely needs more balanced to the top. However, the local map and compass should stay in that corner.

2. Demented

Demented Member

Bracket keys.

3. Empty

Empty Member

Square brackets.

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i disagree,

people notice it if you approach them from the left when you are still in the monitor vieuw and there is no hud at the left

ether you are using a monitor too large (mine is 26 inches and i have no problem looking at the entire monitor at once), are too close to your monitor or are too narrow sighted to see the bigger picture, or that infantry that is in the left of the monitor

in my opinion, less crap and clutter at the top will make you see more of the world because the bottom 1/4 of the monitor displays "the floor" most of the time and is mostly useless
    thus using THAT space instead of any other means there are less space as blind spots, and airplanes in the sky will be much more obvious

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  5. RKB53

RKB53 Member

I like this hud but I like the original, nesquiko's and this one. Make some sort of menu for picking a hud :P

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

<filler/>

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

[​IMG]

8. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

i want the concept hud in the dev blog

9. Demented

Demented Member

Agreed, but only because the 'm' map is hideously redundant. In fact, it could probably just be unbound. Without the keybind, you wouldn't know it exists.
    There's nothing on that map you can do that you can't also do on the spawn map, except maybe count the number of arrows running around inside a barracks icon (but a custom spawnpoint icon could fix that).
    If there were some use for it in the future...

Likewise for the mortar's artillery map. Artillery feedback shows up on pretty much every map. Maybe it doesn't show up on the spawn map... But that could be fixed.