How to make people do the necessary?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Aurora, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

Sometimes you just can't get people to build a certain refinery, turret, or use another class for a purpose that would be more useful at the moment. Sometimes people just can't get their arses a bit behind the frontline to build a few essential defenses. One always thinks: "Nope, not me. Somebody else. And if it doesn't get done, I'm not to blame." We need to make people think: "Let me do it, me first!"

I thought about giving more points for following the commander's orders, and also letting the commander control which activity gives players the most points, bonuses or whatever. But my thoughts haven't formed into a whole yet, and I'm really tired at the moment. You people discuss the idea, and I'll look back in this thread tomorrow.

2. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

One word: Hypnotism. Anything less will not work.

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

well i posted a idea about this before, like stimpacks and stuff also about upping the commanders points for him to use in ways that would help.

Falcon didnt like the idea.

I guess it we should just wait till the game is further in development and people get better

4. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

like 1 time when i had taken an apc north and the com wanted one south, but the vf was closer than i was and we had 2-3k rez, and got yelled at for the rest of the game, even after we won.

5. FalconX

FalconX Developer

I just disagreed with stimpacks and such. And I've been convinced to change my views on commander points. :p

6. SniperJP02

SniperJP02 Member

Yeah I was in that game lol. And honestly I didn't see the big deal with it. IMHO me and you helped the team alot to win, plus I'm always designated Engie anyways.

The Main Issue I see with giving extra points is that in a well organized game it could be lame. An Engineer with Repair usually gets the most points in the end of the game anyways. I can also see people bitching when they work hard and do what they're suppose to, but the COM never gave orders so now they are behind the enemy team point wise. Which IMO can have a great affect. Riflemen w/Accuracy, Dig-In, +Damage vs. Basic Riflemen or one with less will surely end in ownage.

Just my opinions and thoughts. But I do think there needs to be a small incentive to give/follow orders. I'm just sorry I can't think of anything to help.

7. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

Perhaps, when a commander gives a unit a waypoint, guard or attack order, the unit will get points for completing the order. If a unit was given a move waypoint, the distance to it would be calculated and once he reached it (or went near enough to it) he would be awarded with 1 point for every 100 meters of the original distance. Repairing or building guard targets would give an extra point for every 50 repaired health points. Destroying an attack target would give an extra point for the kill.

For class balance, how about allowing the commander to set a "favorite class". This class (afkers not count) would give it's users 1 point every 30-60 seconds. If a favorite class is set on, the team should also lose one ticket every 30-60 seconds. The favorite class and the benefit of using it should be broadcasted so that even the dumbest newbie would want to use it.

8. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

i say use this to promote squad cehesiveness(sp?). like give a squad point each time 2/3 of the squad (not counting the squad leader) follow a squad command.