How to get rid of trouble players for good.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by tkeracer619, May 17, 2006.

1. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

Developers we desperatly need a way to ban trouble players. We all know who im talking about. They utilize the demo of hl2 and laugh at your bans. Something needs to be done b4 there are thousands like this leach.

If the servers had a votekick that was actually usefull. Give say an hour ban for the kick. Then they will atleast only get away with it for a few minutes.

Or do away with the mod working on the demo. I know people love this but it is an easy way for the idiots to win against you all mighty Developers. Something needs to be done and psycosibe or whatever his name is that you banned from the official server needs to loose Empires for good.

2. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

We'll just keep banning them, be it IP or SteamID. We're not letting a few bad apples spoil the fun for the rest.

3. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

And the walking around under the map is getting old. They are doing it on your new map now.

4. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

thanks l3ttuc3. We know you guys are out there looking after us.

5. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Don't think there's anything that can be done tbh. I mean if they care enough to waste their time pissing people off, I honestly doubt they'll care about a a couple measly minutes and the demo exploit thing can only be sorted by valve as far as I'm aware; and they don't seem too bothered about it.

If the devs can do something then all the better but I don't see what could practically be done

6. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

well this guy has been in the glory of war server the better part of the afternoon and nobody has done anything to get rid of him shy of stop playing like i have for the day.

Its no fun when someone just suicides over and over and over to get there way. Something has to be done for the unrully players. An easy kick button would be great. Like what you guys did for the comm. But include a ban script so we can atleast boot him for a few minutes.

7. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

Maybe a way we can turn unrully players into chickens like you can in some cs servers. That way if they just suicide over and over or get voted to be a chicken it autos them to a usless chicken that just goes bagawk.

Im just throwing out idea's b/c they need to be thrown. Otherwise you admins are going to be banning people till the end of time. Who wants spam in video games. Not I and right now one persion is dishing enough to feed a 3rd world country.

When there are hundreds of servers and thousands of players the admins will have their work cut out for them. I hope we come up with a practical means of winning the battle.

8. Atlas

Atlas Member

It would all be fixed if there were more admins...

And the walking under the map exploits are map bugs and will probably get fixed as they appear.

9. Jn.

Jn. Member

No matter what, in any game you play, there will be those sadistic sons(or daughters?) of bitches who enjoy bringing pain to the community:( It's impossible to get rid of them all. I think all that can be done is a votekick/ban system for when admins aren't around. That system doesn't seem to work well in CS because no one vote, but here, people are angered enough and understand game mechanics well enough to know when to vote.

10. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

As long as banning isn't in the hands of the randomly picked nose-pickers. Abuse of that is very possible.

11. Chahk

Chahk Member

There is no need for special functionality to take care of unruly players. Let the servers' admins do their jobs. And if the server isn't being administered, perhaps it's not worth playing on.

12. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

It's not so much that there'll always be people like this. It's that the demo exploit utterly negates the effectiveness of any type of disciplinary action.

13. Jn.

Jn. Member

Oh yeah good point. Hmmmmmmmm. How about this; for every player that is banned from an official(possibly otherwise) server, a virus is realeased from the Empires installer in to their computer, permanently disabling all valve and steam related operations :D This will save all other gamers on other games from future grief, and deliver just punishment to the offender :P

14. Atlas

Atlas Member

Ban by IP...

Should fix any ban by SteamID problem...

15. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

If there IP is not static and a new one is assigned every week the ban only lasts as long as the ip.

16. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Banning IPs should be enough.

Empires running on hl2demo can be handy because we can get players that would never play this mod (or HL2).

17. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

k about the falling below maps.. we can't stop these idiots from doing this, so the best way to do it is to fix up the maps properly with good use of clip and trigger_hurts

I'd personally use 2 teleport under the map which could transport them into a lamer room which they need to suicide to get out of ;)

18. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

19. zachtos

zachtos Member

I've played w/ a LARGE number of griefers. I have yet to see a single fucking one be banned. I even posted a demo/condump back in the last forums about a guy and they did nothing. It really is ruining the mod for me. My roomate wont even play this game with me anymore because somebody is always being an asshole EVERYtime we play. No admins are on EVER when we play.

20. Atlas

Atlas Member

one way to remove players going UNDER the map is to not build a giant box around it. If there's no box, then there's nothing the player can actually walk on. As in, if the box around district didn't exist, you wouldn't be able to walk on the invisible 'floor'.

And it is true about admins, I 'think' I've only played ONE game with admins on, and it was clean, like 3-4 players got kicked. But for some reason, servers don't have enough admins around here.