how much does the plasma cannon heat the engine?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by holylucifer, Jan 8, 2008.

1. holylucifer

holylucifer Member

i do not have a slight clue to how much the plasma cannon heats the engine,if i did i would work out what would win more , if you went physics only for a map where you can't move much and acceleration is vital,and the other who does not read threads or goes bio/chem would be in for a bit of a ride then / % player skill.

Because i do how many times you can fire till engines totaly overheats, and cooldown time to be able to fire again etc,

Thanks if anyone supples this.

2. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

"Plasma Cannon"
    {
    "Name" "Plasma Cannon" //name given when selecting weapons
    "HUD Name" "Plasma CN" //name displayed in the weapon area of the vehicle HUD
    "Description" "This cannon fires a superheated shell able to transfer a large amount of heat into the target and put it into an overheated shutdown." //description given when selecting weapons
    "Icon" "vehicles/gui/weapons/cn_med" //icon drawn in the GUI
    "HUD Icon" "vehicles/gui/weapons/cn"
    "Size" "2" //number of slots required when selecting weapons
    "Type" "1" //0=machine gun, 1=tank cannon, 2=artillery cannon, 3=missile launcher, 4=grenade launcher, 5=aircraft bomb bay
    "Cost" "25"
    "Team" "ALL" //team that can use this "NF" or "IMP"
    "Research" "Plasma Cannon Projectile" //name of research item that must be researched before using
    "Sound Firing" "Vehicle_PC.Fire"
    "Sound Impact" "Vehicle_PC.Impact"
    "Sound Reloading" ""

"Ammo Type" "0" //for mguns only, 0 = nonarmor penetrating (no effect on armored vehicles), 1 = armor penetrating (hurts armored vehicles)
    "Damage" "45" //damage done by projectile
    "Speed" "3100" //speed of projectile
    "Gravity" "0.4" //effects of gravity on the projectile, only for projectiles
    "Heat" "16" //heat added per shot fired (100 total heat added to vehicle puts it in an overheated status).
    "Weight" "70" //weight in terms of effects on engine and weight restrictions for chassis
    "Cycle Time" "1.0" //time between shots (all weapons other than MGs have limits of 0.1 as lowest)
    "Clip Size" "30" //ammo loaded per reloads
    "Total Ammo Clips" "0" //max ammo clips carried (0 is the same as not using clips)
    "Reload Time" "2.0" //time to load one clip
    "Projectile Spread" "1.5" //only applicable to machine guns at the moment
    "Heat To Target" "8" //heat added to target on hit (a small amount of heat is also added to the target based on damage, this is defined within the armor script)
    "Inertia" "1" //actually reverse to inertia, only applicable to cannons, artillery cannons, and grenades; affects how the speed of the vehicle affects the momentum of the projectile (higher inertia = vehicle speed will affect the trajectory of the projectile possibly causing it to veer off from a straight line or shoot farther or shorter)
    "Explosion Radius" "300" //radius of damage sphere to hurt surrounding entities
    "Explosion Force" "100" //force of explosion

3. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

plasma cannon gives you (the firer) WAY too much heat.

if i read that correctly, am i meant to believe that your enemy will only be at 50% heat by the time you've been able to overheat yourself?

no, that would be if you made every shot hit the enemy. assuming 2/3 shots hit in a normal battle, you'll have heated the enemy up only 33% by the time you are overheated and likely stalled. what a waste of time.

4. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I know, plasma used to be useful. I'm happy that it causes damage and everything, but it should heat you less than it heats your opponent.

5. Bademeister

Bademeister Member

I didn't play with it that much since 2.0, but you need to take into account that your enemy also gains heat when shooting his cannons. They will transfer less heat to you (now that rails are fixed) then your plasma will to them, so it boils down to the amount of heat the enemy gets from his own guns.

6. flatmush

flatmush Member

Plasma is quite a good cannon, especially for chasing the comm vehicle cause you can overheat it and just keep firing.
    My strategy when using plasma is to dodge the enemy shells/missiles a bit till they are close to overheating themselves, then I pile on the heat and watch them die.
    Also HE adds 14 heat so the heat isn't as high as you think.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I just think that if the purpose of plasma is that it gives you the heat bonus over your opposition, while he has the firepower bonus, then it shouldn't overheat you like this.

8. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

HE gives the same amount of heat to yourself.

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

plasma fires twice as fast.

in general, when i battle in a plasma tank, it ends up with both of us on red, both just firing as soon as one little bit of red becomes available, in which situations it's the weapons equiped that dicate who is going to win... and obviously they have the high damage weapons.

10. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

equip plasmas and HEMGs/DUMGs. overheat them, then chip away their armor until they die all helpless and shit... so slowly. Just get HEs and some nice rockets and blow the crap out of them before they can crap the blow out of you.

11. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

the problem comes from having to let them fire their gun at you a lot since the plasma gun gives you more heat than your target. if you equip plasma and they have hemgs/dungs or just use missiles, you'll be overheated and they'll chip away at your armour...

12. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Before 2.1, standard cannon did the same heat as plasma and fired at the same speed.

13. holylucifer

holylucifer Member

Thanks,8.