How many people has Hammer killed?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Destroyer224, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

I wonder how many suicides hammer contributes to each year because people beat their head into a pulpy mass on their keyboards after they fix one error, and fifteen others appear for no apparent reason. I can almost literally see this in the sunday newspaper:

"Valve Software has recently caused a spree of suicides due to its head-banging, frustration-inducing, map making tool simply called 'Hammer'. Valve has been well known for fucking up everyone's maps with some of their newer updates, and so is hammer's bottomless pit of error messages.

In other news, incidence of epilipsey, maniacle-depressant diorder and a host of other mental illnesses have risen an alarming 316.5% in the past few years. The only thing in common with this rise is a 573% increase in head trauma instinces, and a double in bloody and broken keyboards and desks."

2. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

I've never had an abundance of issues with it.

3. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Uhm, i don't have any errors in my maps.

4. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

Just making a simple map for me involves at least 15 error messages. None coming from poor design, improper setup, or anything else that's my fault. First it can't find the empires fgd, then I get it to work and make a simple map and Valve decides to make a patch that breaks the displacements. Next Hammer suddenly locks up and crashes in the middle of my next displacement-free map and can't find the save because it named it wrong. Next I rename it and get it to run the map fine but I had put the BE rax too far from the boundaries of the minimap I had chosen, so I just simply move the BE rax and CV and guess what..? Hammer can't find the map anymore when it compiles! Yay!

I've used countless tutorials and set hammer up exactly how it should be. I don't go messing with anything but it still shoves a steaming pile of error messages in my face that shouldn't otherwise happen.

Hammer just loves me doesn't it?

/Rant

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  5. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

You people live in some magical laa-laa-land. I miss Hammer 3.5Beta. It had tons of less issues than 4.0.

6. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

My lighting wants to kill me... cryz...