How long should the scout sticky nades make tanks drive forward?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by aaaaaa50, Dec 27, 2007.

?

How lond should the scout sticky nades last?

1. Remove the forward dash!

22.7%
  2. 5 secs. keep it the same.

27.3%
  3. 10 secs.

36.4%
  4. 15 secs. or longer. Yay!

13.6%
  1. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Just wondering what everyone thinks...

P.S. Please don't lock this topic, its about the next patch and stuff!

2. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

10 seems kinda long especially if they stacked. 40 seconds if you ninjaed 4 on a comm?

3. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Stacking? It's kinda hard to hit a moving target with those things.....

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I thought it would be cool if they moved forward at first, but now i just think it's kinda stupid. It makes it harder or at least equally difficult for teammates to shoot at the target, where as before it made it easier.

there is only going to be like one chance in a hundred where it's actually useful to send the tank flying forwards, because it has to be the right place at the right time AND the scout has to be at that position to to make it useful.

5. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

IMHO it shouldn't move forward at all. It should just stay in place and that's all. Default overheat time is fine too. I think that scouts didn't really use stun stickies because it's harder to notice them: normal stickies are shown when someone destroys a tank.

6. Drag

Drag Member

The forward dash is a funny idea, but it only is and advantage if the enemy tank drives into a beneficial (hazardous, like a body of water) position. If there are no hazards around it is easier for the rest of your team to hit the tank if it actually stands still. I haven't yet seen how fast the forward dash is, but unless its super faster making the tank flip on impact (which would be rather crazy, perhaps to crazy) I say take it out.

7. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

What about if it randomly changes direction when driven and will occasionally stop dead when used for 10 seconds

8. REX

REX Member

Maybe we will have a better idea of how well it works if we manage to have a real PUG tommorow.

For a sek I thought it might be fun if the turret started spinning around instead of the dash..... but then I imagened it ingame and it seemed way too cartoonish and probably made out of fail. But I mention it anyway maybe someone can think of a better variation.

maybe just add some white smoke from the tank so you know you have been hit ?

9. Goose

Goose Member

Terrible idea. I mean I like it, but what if you were the scout who just stickied it, and it changed direction and ran you over.