How about y'all...

Discussion in 'General' started by Jessiah, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

...stop complaining so much, and for a moment, consider this: Empires is free. The devs make it for nothing, release it for nothing, and what do they receive from their community? Pretty much 100% complaints. If the game sucks so much, why are you still playing it? Are you really so stupid that you force yourself to play a game you dislike?

Here's a better alternative: thank the devs for their efforts; because if you stuck around long enough to come here and complain, you must have liked the game at one point. If you have any issues not addressed yet, make a real, non '2.23-is-broken-whaa-the-devs-fucked-up-cry-cry-cry' thread about it and don't be an ass. The devs get it. They know their mistakes in 2.23. Leave them alone, drop the hate, and let them work on it.

The devs owe you nothing. Now, either stop whining and play the game, or wait till the next patch.

2. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

or we could stop making near identical threads over and over and over?

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I don't thank people if they produce something I don't like. If I don't like something but see the potential in it I'll try to change it so that I do like it. Most people operate like this.

4. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

So you're saying you never liked Empires and forced yourself to play it?

Theres a difference between people trying to help and the incessant bitching that 2.23 has caused.

5. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

He's saying that empires has potential that is worth the ups and downs.

and there are already several threads discussing this topic.

6. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

I like Empires and am thankful for the devs continued support of this mod.

However, I will try to provide constructive criticism that I believe will be helpful in making the mod more fun and successful.

Also, the complainers are almost always more vocal than the thankful. This is true in pretty much every aspect of your life, especially if you're releasing something to the public. You need a thick skin and a good amount self-confidence.

7. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Where? All I see are bitch-fests.

8. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

No, I like empires, which is why I play it. I don't complain about it very much.

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

dammit, i LOVE empires, why you think im still around?

its one of the best FPS games ever made ... in each i tried after empires i seriously miss the one or other feature. most of all the commander, my own tank layouts, the skill system ... i could go on and on.

k, maybe i havent said it before, maybe its time, ...
    ... IM REALLY REALLY REALLY THANKFULL THAT DEVS KEEP WORKING ON THIS AWESOME MOD.

but why dont point out the obvious and not so obvious flaws. i dont want to be bitching. i never meant to say, this game sucks. but if you say everything is perfect, you are probably blind ...

10. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

I thank them by attempting to keep the community alive with effort I'm putting into the AFV model, I respected the developers up until the patch, and now I'm questioning their "competance." Yes, they did put a load of work and I thank them, but as of right now Empires isn't fun.

11. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

My 2.23 pub games haven't been too bad.

I r never complaining. There's always something that I can play while the devs fix things, and despite what people say, they always do.

Sure, sometimes something else goes wrong, but I always knew it'd be 10 years or so until Empires becomes the mod it should be. Or 3-5 with money :p

12. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

See that donate button on the front page?
    [​IMG]
    See it?

;)

13. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

mod donations suffer from tragedy of commons

1 person donates and if it gets used for the mod stuff everyone is better off

I'd totally be willing to donate 10-20 if 100-200 people were also willing and it meant a modeler could be hired or something to redo a bunch of shit...

Well when i start working over the summer. Back to 1/4 essays due within next 5 days worth like 200% of my final grades combined /wrists.

14. Morcam

Morcam Member

I think most people are angry because they liked empires more before the patch. It is more of a "you ruined this" rather than "this is bad" kind of mentality. Most people still play empires, because it is still a great game. That doesn't mean we dislike it, it means we dislike the changes. Most of the time that is incorrectly interpreted.

15. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I meant money as in on a salary. For a job...a fun one, but still a job.

16. Wilson

Wilson Member

You meant money, as in someone else's money. . . but not yours :p

The argument "Be happy for what you got, stop bitching" could be applied in every aspect of life, ("stop bitching about how you lost your legs, you still got both your arms left") but it simply doesn not work that way, and if you just accept thinks as they are they will never improve.
    I want empires to improve and therefore i criticise the flaws. Simple as that.

17. OuNin

OuNin Member

Communism was free.

18. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Air is free. Your logic is pretty weird tbh

19. OuNin

OuNin Member

Nobody's in charge of distributing air.

20. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Or so you think.........your quota of air has been cut!